Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you get the outer fairing back on a Road Glide???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 10:35 PM
Road Glider
|
Tourer
Default RE: How do get the outer fairing back on a Road Glide

Yeah that tip really worked great!!!

FYI..make sure you take off the windshield first. I didn't on the first try and scratched the blacked out portion on the inside of the windshield on the inner fairing when trying to remount it.

Taking out the headlights makes the job easy!!!!
Thanks again Rollntiger!!!

Old 04-23-2007 | 11:20 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey no problem! I am like that, once I dive in and make up my to do something I go full force. My wife thought I was crazy. When I made up my mind to have my inner fairing painted I went in the garage with my tools, a sharpie, some masking tape and some baggies. I taped off all the wiring harnesses with A-A, B-B and so on so I would know how they went back together. I then placed different screws, nuts bolts in baggies and wrote in detail where they came from! I did it by myself no manual and it was fun! LOL The scairy part was after I got it back from the body shop and had that fresh paint, I was worried about scratching it! If you just take your time you will see how things fit and I said there has got to be a better way to get this Dm fairing back on! So by taking the headlight assembly out of thefairing youjust look through the hole while you arematching the inner to the outer and you willsay to yourself, "Why in the hl didn't I do this earlier!!

Old 04-24-2007 | 03:12 AM
atexn4christ
Road Master

I changed to the silverstar head lamps today. I took the headlight piece out and it went back together easy. The only problem I had was the left side blinker wire did not want to go in right. It looked as if the dealer shoved in and pinched the wire and it wanted to go back in like that again.