Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I'm Glad I Got a Bike With a Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:16 PM
BrianDamage
|
Cruiser
Default Man I'm Glad I Got a Bike With a Windshield

I had never ridden a scoot witha shield before my purchase of my Road King, and even after riding it, I was thinking "well heck this helps a little, but not that much"....WRONG! I took it off this morning for a short run to Walmart, and apparently my memory is fuzzy as heck. I felt like I was going to be blown off the handlebars LOL . I can definately tell that I am not near as tired after riding as I used to be. I guess fighting that wind with your upper body all day wears you out..... my clothes don't have near as many bug-gut spots on them either

Don't know now if I would ever go back to not having one.

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:37 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Default RE: Man I'm Glad I Got a Bike With a Windshield

My first bike was my Ultra and I wouldn't have another bike without a fairing let alone a wind shield.

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:48 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

Reason #2 for owning as many Harley t's as possible - quick changes necessary due to bug guts.............[:'(]

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:55 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup, windshields are nice but I still like to take mine off if I am just riding around at city speeds.Anything above 45 mphI prefer to havethewindshield on.

Old 04-22-2007 | 04:09 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member

you don't know what wind is till you ride a jap bike with the fairing and screen designed for someone who is 5'8"... and you are 6'... and you are somewhere to the high side of 100....

Old 04-22-2007 | 05:44 PM
HogBack
Road Master

Amen brother, rode mine without the windshield this week and figured I needed new goggles as the tears were big time even with my sunglasses on... yea, great option, but like other said not over 45 mph....

Old 04-22-2007 | 06:03 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride my Sporty at speeds of up to 100 mph with no problems at all. I just make sure I have my leathers and my full face helmut on. Yea you fight the wind a bit, but thats part of the ride. Still waiting for my Glide to come in and don't know what the fairing is like, but i'm sure it'll be a welcomed break.

I know i'll still run my Sporty out when I need to have a quick blast!

Old 04-22-2007 | 11:05 PM
buttman
Road Master

Did you say something????? I'm sorry, I can't seem to see anything farther from the left side of the screen than 2 inches......

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

I ride my Sporty at speeds of up to 100 mph with no problems at all. I just make sure I have my leathers and my full face helmut on. Yea you fight the wind a bit, but thats part of the ride. Still waiting for my Glide to come in and don't know what the fairing is like, but i'm sure it'll be a welcomed break.

I know i'll still run my Sporty out when I need to have a quick blast!
[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/CC79139D97F2490492CCDED23A63B6B3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2007 | 11:24 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I leave my windshield on all the time. Never know when a big-azz bug is gonna nail you. One of the times I wasn't using mine, a dang bee went into my t-shirt and stung me. If I'd had it the shield on, I think it would have be deflected.

Hack

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:35 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine is off for extended periods in the summer, but I live right in the city. Every now and then I lose my mind and leave it off for a day ride out on the highway. It very quickly turns into a "what was I thinking?" moment.

CN

Quick Reply: Man I'm Glad I Got a Bike With a Windshield