Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a new one!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015 | 03:18 PM
caddman
|
Cruiser
Smile Considering a new one!

Howdy y'all. I haven't been around in a while. Hope everyone is well. I am considering purchasing another Touring bike, and I would like to hear from all of you that have the 2014/15 touring models. I am considering going with a new SGS for my self and letting my son ride my 2007 SG, or getting a used police bike for him to ride and stick with my 2007. what does everyone thing? I aside from the money, everyone knows that is an issue. I want to hear about all the great things on the new bikes that will know my socks off.

thanks for all your input!

Caddman

Old 03-19-2015 | 03:35 PM
PaUltraBob
Intermediate

I have a 2014 FLHTK limited and I love the ride and the 103 motor. A whole lot better than my 2006 ultra. the sgs should be right up there with the limited with ride and comfort. You see a heck of alot of them out there. Get the new bike for YOU!! Your son should be happy the 07. Best of luck to you, PaUltraBob

Old 03-19-2015 | 04:23 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Go to the dealer and ride one.

That will make your mind up for you.

Old 03-19-2015 | 04:25 PM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior

Nothing like the Rushmore SGS...
They are special and feel so good on the open road.
If you test one, you will know what I mean.
Made the leap from 2001 Road King and I am so glad I did.
Myron

Old 03-19-2015 | 04:37 PM
Melman
Tourer

I hate my '14 Limited and would recommend a Polaris or Indian...got your attention now! I went from an '05 Ultra and the ride is night and day. I always recommend renting the model your interested in and make a decision based on what you like. Nobody can tell you what bike you should buy. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2015 | 05:03 PM
caddman
|
Cruiser

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what to buy. I'm just looking for input from the guys that have already made the move to the new one. I wasn't real excited about the looks of it at first, but it is growing on me. I also love my 07. I have had it since new, and I have made numerous mods. There isn't another one even remotely like it around. But, I do like to ride long distance, and GPS and cruise are always nice on the long haul. My wife rides her own, so there is no point to a limited. Oh, and Indian and Polaris are not even on my radar.

thanks again!

Old 03-19-2015 | 05:21 PM
gvoxx
Advanced
Default Just bought a 2015 Limited

For me I wasn't much of a Harley fan ever but decided to buy one due to the Rushmore changes. I rented a 2013 Electra prior, then last year rented a 2014 SGS both of those trips were 1600+ miles. I loved the SGS, took it to the tail of the dragon and beat the dog out of that rental and it did great, so I came back and decided on a limited with a detachable tour pak to have basically a SGS when riding solo and a queen seat for the lady on longer runs.

I think the things that made it worth it, 1. water cooling....'bout time. 2. Wider tire = more meat to bite the road, a very worth while change. Stereo, jukebox features are great, I use them a lot, the GPS as well. Also if your in the newer years, the cam chain tensioner problems seem to have been corrected with the roller chain....I was initially worried about that due to all the nightmare stories out there. If you go 2015 some of the little bugs have been corrected (clutch master cyclinder, line pinch under the tank and the warping leaking coolant reservoir) Also, I get heated grips and a SGS look the way I have it so for me it was just a comfortable way to do long miles either 1 or 2 up.

Old 03-19-2015 | 05:42 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

Test ride one and decide for yourself!!

Old 03-19-2015 | 06:05 PM
Mikes2011fxdb
Advanced

Traded in an 11 Bob for a 14 FLHTK now have 17,000 miles on it and love every ride. Don't take a ride on one or you just might buy one. Ask me how I know.

Old 03-19-2015 | 07:23 PM
Badass14
Advanced

This is my first Harley SGS. I have rode my father in laws 2000 classic. Definitely a big difference. Compared to his its a torque monster. All around its a nice ride, comfortable, and love the infotainment system. Give one a test ride and you'll be hooked.

Quick Reply: Considering a new one!