Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide for 10k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Glide for 10k?

Ok, I now own a wide glide, which I ride just about everywhere. I've done a few 2-3 night trips, but usually nothing more than 250-300 miles a day. I don't want to put bags on it, and I really don't like the way the detachable windshield looks (or works-lots of air blowing up from around the tank.) SO, I'm thinking of buying a used street glide for some long-distance high-speed trips. I'll keep the wide glide for most of my daily riding. Just wondering if I can get a used street glide for my budget of 10k, and if so what can I expect as far as remaining life expectancy and dependablility of a Harley that I'm only paying 10k for? Thanks!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
jdag
Tourer
Default RE: Street Glide for 10k?

I cannot imagine you having luck with a $10k price point.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:44 PM
BaggerSteve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doubtfull you will find on in that price range unless it's an insurance salvage. As far as depedability and life expectancy...it's a Harley, they can last for generations. I rode a 1975 Sportster for 18 years.

I looked for a used bike before I bought mine and was shocked to see how much people wanted for their used bikes, almost as much as new. I think the reason is that Harleys were going for thousands over MSRP a few years ago, and alot of people are just buried. Just my opinion though.

Good luck!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
MarkM
Tourer

I found a '99 in the paper for $8800. 20k miles on it. Of course it was sold by the time I called. Probably my last chance for a deal like that.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
E DOGG
Road Master

10 k? maybe if you buy a frontfairing, lowerfairings , and hardbags would be aroundthat price. even if youdon't want to do it.

does corbin make fairings for your RIDE?
www.dragonflyconcepts.com or

www.corbin.com

I don't know I saw a brochure a while back.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:34 AM
HogmanFLHX
Tourer

$10K only if you trade or sell the WG.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:41 AM
takeiteasy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SG was introduced in 2006 so I would say you won't have any luck finding a 1 year old Harley for 10k.[/align]

Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: dpa
The SG was introduced in 2006 so I would say you won't have any luck finding a 1 year old Harley for 10k.[/align]
...especially Harley's #1 seller.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Seawolf
Tourer

How about $13,500? http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/7/8/88577578.htm

I have purchased from him in the past and he is good people. He takes Electra Glides and turns them into Street Glides. Not hard to do since they are all the same anyway. He deals with clean titles and rebuild titles. His rebuild stuff is scratch and dent only. He does not deal with wrecks involving frame damage, engine damage, or fork damage. He has financing through Leesburg harley Davidson and you can purchase warranties on all of his bikes. Progressive will also insure the rebuilds. Check with your Credit Union as some will not mess with rebuild titles, but I found HD to offer better interest rates compaired to my Credit Union.

His name is Rob and he sells these bikes faster than he can get them in. Most are all low mileage and all parts and paint are Harley.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:19 PM
twsteddyna
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Seawolf

How about $13,500? http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/7/8/88577578.htm

I have purchased from him in the past and he is good people. He takes Electra Glides and turns them into Street Glides. Not hard to do since they are all the same anyway. He deals with clean titles and rebuild titles. His rebuild stuff is scratch and dent only. He does not deal with wrecks involving frame damage, engine damage, or fork damage. He has financing through Leesburg harley Davidson and you can purchase warranties on all of his bikes. Progressive will also insure the rebuilds. Check with your Credit Union as some will not mess with rebuild titles, but I found HD to offer better interest rates compaired to my Credit Union.

His name is Rob and he sells these bikes faster than he can get them in. Most are all low mileage and all parts and paint are Harley.

Interesting I live just down the street from there, have to check it out sometime

Quick Reply: Street Glide for 10k?