Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished DTT install guide....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finished DTT install guide....

Here's a question for you gearheads.............will this DDT system work on a '99 TC 95"? I've read a couple threads now...........talking about the o2 bungs etc. Don't believe My current exaust has or calls for those sensors/bungs.

Outlaw

Old 04-21-2007, 11:39 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Im not sure about the 99 PhilM could answer that, but if an EFI. As for the bungs you need to have them welded on the pipes. The DTT comes with 2 bungs and you could take them to a local muffler shop and have them installed. Just need to select a location for them while your pipes are on and mark the area with a marker. Just make sure when welded you have hte bung pointed in the correction direction. Being round you can skew the bung and if not carefull could end up causing an interference.Make sure you can install them and get a wrench or 02 Sensor socket on it.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:47 PM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SpikeCT

Im not sure about the 99 PhilM could answer that, but if an EFI. As for the bungs you need to have them welded on the pipes. The DTT comes with 2 bungs and you could take them to a local muffler shop and have them installed. Just need to select a location for them while your pipes are on and mark the area with a marker. Just make sure when welded you have hte bung pointed in the correction direction. Being round you can skew the bung and if not carefull could end up causing an interference.Make sure you can install them and get a wrench or 02 Sensor socket on it.
Hopefully PhilM will chime in then. This is definately something I would be interested in if the application will fit my '99.

Outlaw

Old 04-21-2007, 11:51 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

TCFI II Fuel Injection Controller for 2001-2007 Twin-Cam with Delphi® System
Off of there website... Sorry!

Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, it will work. They sell a replacement harness that resolves the issue.

The 99~01 TC Touring bikes had an M&M ignition module and throttlebody. 02 & later use Delphi units.

As I mentioned, you can use the system on your '99. You just need to purchase the new harness, in addition to the DTT system itself. Now, having said that... I still think you'd find it more than worth while...

Old 04-22-2007, 12:04 AM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: PhilM

Actually, it will work. They sell a replacement harness that resolves the issue.

The 99~01 TC Touring bikes had an M&M ignition module and throttlebody. 02 & later use Delphi units.

As I mentioned, you can use the system on your '99. You just need to purchase the new harness, in addition to the DTT system itself. Now, having said that... I still think you'd find it more than worth while...
So I can purchase the harness with the DDT unit (as in together)??

Outlaw

Old 04-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!....With allot of help from John and Phil.These two guys are salt of the earth great Guys.Thanks allot You 2!!I gotta thank Shooter64 also for the awesome price (check with Shooter before You buy ANYTHING for Your bike).Don't think twice people,go get the DTT and get it put on Your scoot.It took Me about 6 to 8 hours with a few mishaps.This thing is so amazing that I can't put it into words.When I first rode it,the turn signels would not turn off automatically and the idol was going crazy (around 1400) and the DTT worked out those problems within 15 miles.

Dalton,
Don't worry Buddy.If I can install this then I know You can.Phil and John can walk You right through this with no problem.Hell I can even help a bit.It's VERY intimidating when You start but trust Me,it's a piece of cake.I think I could do one in 3 or 4 hours now.Just do it!!

Anyone want to buy a power commander?

Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

__________________________________________________ ____________________
A conversion harness that allows TCFI installation on Twin-Cam 88® engines with the Marelli fuel injection is available from Thayer Sales (585-762-4705). Please contact Thayer Sales for details.
__________________________________________________ _______

[IMG]local://upfiles/8665/BA71A25F699F40C49BB25EE0581D2DD5.jpg[/IMG]