Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Sportour or Danny Gray air hawk Longhaul?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C&C Sportour or Danny Gray air hawk Longhaul?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the passenger comfort is on either of these seats? I've decided to order one of these two seats for my SG to try and improve the seating surface area and comfort for my wife. Both look to be wider than the stock seat passenger area so that alone should help her comfort around town. She doesn't tour with me so I'm looking for something that will be comfortable for her to ride day rides on with a max of about 3 hrs.

C&C Sportour

Danny Gray Longhaul

Old 02-28-2015, 05:16 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain

ive had danny grey airkhawk, lepera maverick, stock, c&c sporttour, harley sundowner.
so far i would say the lepera is my favorite. c&c i havent gotten to ride yet but its about the same as the lepera. i just like the lepera cut better. the danny grey airhawk was by far the absolute worst! it was hard and when you put air in it its lumpy and raises you up about an 1". but some like it. me i would only use it to put on when im selling the bike

Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

Would you consider the C&C Sportour an upgrade over the stock SG seat for the passenger? It appears to be wider and thicker and atleast doesn't taper at the back.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:58 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain

yes definitely an upgrade. the c&c doesnt sit the passenger up into the airstream like others do. it sits about 1.5" lower for the passenger than the lepera. its as wide on the passenger seat as your passenger will want. passenger comfort is pretty important in my decisions for any bike upgrade. i would get the sporttour over a solo with pillion. from what i read the pillions are hard and dont break in. i had to send mine back to have them fix the nose alignment and but now it fits great. really fits snug to the bike. heres a thread i started with some pics. i will be updating the thread as time goes and the seat breaks in. they say it takes 500-1000 miles to break in a seat. not too bad since i do that in some weekends

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...d-c-seats.html

Old 02-28-2015, 07:01 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 541 Posts

My wife IS MORE COMFY on Sport Touring more so then the previous saddle which was a Sundowner.

May I suggest getting a Riders back rest while your at it Webo!

If buying new, both the Riders and BSR area need to be broken in. Roughly 500-1000 miles and your should be good to go.

YB

Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,217 Likes on 22,611 Posts

LePera is like sitting on a vinyl covered brick.
C & C (or Chuck and Chuey)(one of them) used to work for Danny Gray and the other for Corbin. They got together and formed their own company, C & C.
Their product sits you 3/4 of an inch down and back.
It is a bit on the firm side but nothing like LePera.
I had one(lepera) once for one ride and off it came and was sold.
Couldn't stand it, nor could the wife. Made ya hurt all over.
Had a C & C too but wife said beings how it sits you back it encroached in her comfort zone, so it was sold too.
Nice, seat though and superb craftsman-ship.

Run a HD Hammock now, rider only version.
Liked it so well bought another one for a spare.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The woman like the C&C sport tour on my bike. I cant compare to the others. the drivers section is worn out with 70000 plus miles on it. I will be ordering a new one this month.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:48 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
Would you consider the C&C Sportour an upgrade over the stock SG seat for the passenger? It appears to be wider and thicker and atleast doesn't taper at the back.
That's the main reason I went with the C&C Sporttour. Huge improvement over the stock SGS seat. First ride on my new 2014 SG my girl said "well, this seat isn't for beginners" as its Fastback shape caused her to slide back.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:54 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
The woman like the C&C sport tour on my bike. I cant compare to the others. the drivers section is worn out with 70000 plus miles on it. I will be ordering a new one this month.

Hey sporacer,

Ever consider sending it to MCC? I know he does excellent work, Just haven't heard of any C&C saddle owners getting work done on their seats.

Wonder how much improvement it would make. For sure will save some $$$

YB

Old 03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
boatwake
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
LePera is like sitting on a vinyl covered brick.
Had a C & C too but wife said beings how it sits you back it encroached in her comfort zone, so it was sold too.
Nice, seat though and superb craftsman-ship.

Run a HD Hammock now, rider only version.
Liked it so well bought another one for a spare.
My wife is small, but also complained about losing space. I'm a little height challenged and was concerned about the additional reach to the bars, so C&C made my seat w/o the 1" back. I love the seat! My wife likes it (she loves the looks), but said she was a little more comfortable on the larger Mustang and HD Hammock all day rides. Fortunately, she likes the looks more, so I get to keep the Sport Tour on.