Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight/Waste of money

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005 | 02:04 AM
harris48cars
|
Road Master
Default Headlight/Waste of money

Well I bought the "Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit" because I wanted to improve my front end appearence and have a great light when I get caught out after dark. $162! What a waste. I was told by the dealer that sold it to me that riders behind me could turn off their lights and drive by mine. Yeah, you could, if you like big motorcycle chrashes. They're is a beam of light down the middle of the road, a narrow beam. A little better than stock. But the light it provides off to the side, you know, where the deer stand, is worthless. The add in the Harley catalog brags on the side vision provided by both the high and low beam operating at the same time. What light there is, produces shadows on top of the low light. Don't waste your money. Anybody want to make me an offer? BTW, it is adjusted properly, checked 3 times by two different people. My Honda VTX stock light is at least a half more brighter than this thing.
Gary

Old 09-15-2005 | 02:08 AM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced
Default RE: Headlight/Waste of money

Gary:

Thanks for the heads up.

That is what this forum is all about, so we don't have to duplicate mistakes. I appreciate you posting your findings and conclusions.

Chaplain Wayne

Old 09-15-2005 | 03:26 AM
RGB KGB
Advanced

I am not happy with the stock light in my 05 Road Glide, any GOOD options out there that anybody else has used?

[8D]

Old 09-15-2005 | 06:18 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

thats a lot of bucks not to work as advertized, can ya return them?

Old 09-15-2005 | 02:45 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

thats a lot of bucks not to work as advertized, can ya return them?

that is my question as well. if it isnt working to your satisfaction the dealer should take it back...even if he only wants to give you a store credit. there is always something to buy for your bike.
thanks for the heads up on the crappy performance, saved me some time...i was going to look into that thing as well

Old 09-15-2005 | 09:24 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RGB KGB

I am not happy with the stock light in my 05 Road Glide, any GOOD options out there that anybody else has used?

[8D]
Chunk the stock H4 bulb and drop in a German Rally Bulb, 80 watt low beam/100 watt hi beam. About $15 or so from J&P. Great light output, both ahead and to the side. No wiring mods needed. I got it for riding through deer heaven, aka East Texas.