Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security TSSM Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

try the last 5 of the vin

Old 02-27-2015, 11:31 PM
sgr60
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
try the last 5 of the vin
That's a good one, thanks. Unfortunately the eBay seller I bought the module from hasn't been helpful, so I don't have access to the VIN of the donor bike...

Old 02-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure what instructions you read, I know, they are posted but I did not read them, I was just going to give you the information without reading them.

First, Bingee is correct, in that you have a HFSM and not a TSSM, TSSM's have a button FOB.

You have to have the dealer assign the FOB's to the H-DSSS, the bar code (SN) on the new FOB has to be scanned or manually put into the DT II and then it will add them.

You can not enter the "learn mode" which I am thinking you are speaking of entering the PIN either initially or changing it, it doesn't matter which one you are trying to do, they both require an assigned FOB, and if you have two, it requires both of them to be present. Now don't let this get confused, you can change the PIN with one FOB present, but it is suppose to deactivate the other one if it is not present at the same time, this doesn't always happen.

Now for the big one, what you are trying to do now, even if you have the correct PIN, let's say it was already yours and you know the PIN, you pulled the HFSM out (just like it has been), well once the power is removed from it, it will not enter the "enter PIN mode" which is what you are trying to do now. So, if the battery dies, you disconnect the battery, pull the main, or remove the unit, just remember that you can not replace, recharge, reconnect or any of these and then just get to the "enter PIN mode" without going thru an additional step first. So if you have read this far, here is the additional step that you have to do before the other steps any time battery power is lost to the HFSM,
-set engine switch to off, cycle the ignition switch to ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and press the left turn signal switch twice
-repeat above step again
-Now Continue with the PIN entry sequence, - which should be the one the other person posted, I just didn't look at it.

Last edited by Copyless; 02-28-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:28 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

How about returning to stock, ride it to dealership, and swap the parts back in again in the parking lot and push bike into shop?? I emailed the ebay seller and he was no help, so i didn't buy. I'll be watching to see how this comes out.

What about all 0's?

Old 02-28-2015, 05:18 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingee
The TSSM is only on Japan/Korea bikes. What you are probably going to install is really a HFSM. It will be completely reset during password learn. But the dealer has to marry it to the FOB's.

The TSSM is also on U.S. bikes (turn signal security module) It is the part that mounts on the bike.The HFSM is the buttonless fob that you carry in your pocket.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:46 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my TSSM used from eBay and from what I remember, it would not program because it had been programmed to another bike.

I had to take it to the dealer which programmed it and married the fobs to it. Took them about 30 minutes and charged me around $60.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:33 AM
sgr60
Tourer

Thank for the help on this.

I'm going to try to enter some more codes, and if I can't get it I will try the dealer. I did call them on the phone and asked if they could reset the module without the pin code or original fobs and they said it wasn't possible, but I don't really believe that. If I can't guess the code (good luck, right?) I'm going to bring it to the dealer. I'm hoping the with proof of ownership in hand, they will try to help me out...

Will update on the progress.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:45 AM
sgr60
Tourer

Well I tried 20 codes that I thought it might be, no luck. Looks like the PO actually set a personal code... just my luck!

Next step I guess is to go over to the dealer and see what they can do. I'm not sure how thrilled they will be to help me install my $50 used part rather than having spent the $350 for the kit from them, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Will have to wait until the weather warms up and the snow melts of course - hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
The TSSM is also on U.S. bikes (turn signal security module) It is the part that mounts on the bike.The HFSM is the buttonless fob that you carry in your pocket.

In the electrical diagnostic manual (and I don't believe any manual does) never refers to the FOB as the HFSM it is only referred to as the key fob or fob, the FOB with no button - for the HFSM, the FOB with a button - for the TSSM, and also if you have ever read the instructions for installing these items, then you will know that there are three different items that can control the security, 1- TSSM (turn signal security module), looks like the HFSM only it does not have the extra connection for the antenna, 2- HFSM (hands free security MODULE), it has two places on the end to plug into, the extra one being the antenna, 3- BCM (body control module)- looks nothing like the other two, it is flat and has the plug connector on the back of it, and not the end, like the other two. So, the HFSM is not the part you carry in your pocket, that is the FOB or Key FOB.

Like I have mentioned a few other times, this is how things get confused and nomenclatures not meaning anything.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:08 PM
big-e976
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer charged $40 to install and marry fobs. I gave them 5 digit number for bypass code.

Quick Reply: Security TSSM Install Questions