Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:27 PM
JPDU4
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

Im thinking pretty hard about adding a CVO Ultra Road Glide to the stable. I found a 2011 with 3200 Miles on it, and lot of extras. Just wondering what the thoughts are out there from those that have have a 2011 CVO RGU. What your thoughts on the 2011 vs the 2015.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I can tell you that a 2015 RG Ultra CVO will set you back 40 grand. If you have that kind of money, the new Rushmore RG Ultra CVO with the 110 would be hard to beat.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:33 PM
JPDU4
Advanced

Outside of the money - and the obvious items, like the upgraded Audio / Navigation, and single touch bags, Liquid cool.... any personal experience between the two?

Old 02-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 15 CVORGU and hands down it's the best riding HD I've owned. Twin cooled keeps the heat down but with the 110 it's still noticeable. Some day I'll change the head pipe to ditch the cat and take care of some of that.

No experience with the '11.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:00 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 442 Posts

Which color is it? I've got the red one. Its a great bike. I've rode the new 15 a few times on demo rides. The 15 seems to have a bit more torque and a bit less heat. I don't like the new bags that much. The new fairing looks cool but didn't ride it enough to tell a difference and the fancy electronics are nice but I'd never use most of that stuff. Not enough difference for me to trade for it. If you can get The 11 SERGU for a good price I'd hop on it.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:03 PM
JPDU4
Advanced

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Which color is it? I've got the red one. Its a great bike. I've rode the new 15 a few times on demo rides. The 15 seems to have a bit more torque and a bit less heat. I don't like the new bags that much. The new fairing looks cool but didn't ride it enough to tell a difference and the fancy electronics are nice but I'd never use most of that stuff. Not enough difference for me to trade for it. If you can get The 11 SERGU for a good price I'd hop on it.

It's the black / charcoal one. What's your take on the bags? I thought the single touch latch where the cats ***?

The built in nav looks nice on the 15, the 11 has the handle bar mount nav. Neither are deal breakers for me.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 PM
fxdsegrl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband has the 2011 FLTRUSE. black and granite. He loves this bike. We do a lot of touring and he pretty much packs the gear for both of us with out issue. He does strap a rack bag to the tour pack. Key FOB locking bags and trunk are a big plus.
He uses the GPS all the time for routes but also for gas, hotels, dealers etc. Loves the IPod
He says he's not bothered by the heat as he has a catless header and FLVIED'S. His came with lots of accessories as well like headsets,bag and tour pack liner to name a few.

Negative: replaced lifters once and just had a compensator replaced under his extended warranty. 45K

Old 02-17-2015, 10:37 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JPDU4
Im thinking pretty hard about adding a CVO Ultra Road Glide to the stable. I found a 2011 with 3200 Miles on it, and lot of extras. Just wondering what the thoughts are out there from those that have have a 2011 CVO RGU. What your thoughts on the 2011 vs the 2015.
I guess a big part is the price of the 2011. I bought mine new and it's performed flawlessly ever since. Ergonomically the bike fits me perfectly. I sat on a 2015 CVO and didn't care for the bars. Too high and far back for me. Also I like the look of the 19" front wheel on my 2011 vs the 17" on the 2015. There's a lot to like on the new ones, but for me thank God not enough to drop 40k on a new one.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:49 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 442 Posts

Yea the new bags are nice but I'm fine with the old style bags. The new tour pack will hold more. I hardly ever use a gps so I just Keep it with me in case I need it. The big radio screen looks cool but The new fairing looks weird to me. I've read of problems seeing the gps on it sometimes. You should ride a new RGC and then ride the SERGU and compare them.
My bikes a keeper and I don't see trading it off until I'm no longer comfortable on a big bike. That suckers HEAVY.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm sure the '11 is every bit as beautiful as the '15. The savings between the two would make me lean towards the older one. I don't think there'll be much difference in suspension between either so it would come down to $$ for me.

Quick Reply: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra