Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII On The Way

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
JBELCHER7876
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII On The Way

Well I finally decided to go with the PCIII from Jamie at FuelMoto. I was nervous about getting this product but now I am anxious. Hope the increase is noticable. I have the A-Ness big sucker, Khrome Werks Slip-Ons, and I will be Installing the PCIII this Weekend. Any words of advice would be great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25218/30028478373745A885B46991F1428945.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
kdietz
Road Captain
Default RE: PCIII On The Way

Don't expect too much from the canned maps.....a good dyno tune will be money well spent...

Old 04-19-2007, 02:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBELCHER7876

Well I finally decided to go with the PCIII from Jamie at FuelMoto. I was nervous about getting this product but now I am anxious. Hope the increase is noticable. I have the A-Ness big sucker, Khrome Werks Slip-Ons, and I will be Installing the PCIII this Weekend. Any words of advice would be great.
The PCIII is plug-and-play, installed under your right side cover. Just follow the instructions. When installing the mufflers, put some anti-seize compound at the juncture of the muffler and tailpipe. That should make the next muffler removal easier.

The canned map from Fuel Moto worked fine on my bike, and I have no issues with it. The gas mileage is, uh, anywhere from mediocre to good, and performance excellent, with no detonation, surging, excessive heat, or flat spots--even after I tweaked the cruise range for gas mileage. The "slow start-up" issue is a misnomer, with starting quick but not quite as quick when I don't wait for the "check engine" light to go off. Hestitation is rare and innocuous, only audible when blipping the throttle quickly in neutral, maybe once every 10-20 times.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:18 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jamies maps are way better than maps from PC, his are true dynoed results from many hours of testing. It is plug and play but its best to hook up your laptop and set the throttle. This is simple and is explained in the cd that comes with the pcIII. You will notice a major difference and from many on here that have used fuelmotos maps and then dynoed the added benefit is small.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't forget to use dialectic grease on the connectors.

Oops, reply was meant for original poster.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

It is plug and play but its best to hook up your laptop and set the throttle. This is simple and is explained in the cd that comes with the pcIII. You will notice a major difference and from many on here that have used fuelmotos maps and then dynoed the added benefit is small.
Gunrunner mentions an important point I overlooked. Definitely set both your 0%, but also set 100% throttle. It's easy to do by following the instructions in the brief and poor manual included in the CD. Power Commander's tech support told me the 100% setting was just as important as 0%, and it takes just one more step to do both.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Gunrunner. The maps from Jammie are very good. I did have mine Dynoed after I installed it and the results between the to maps are slight.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Just did my install last weekend on a 2000 Ultra. It took me 2 hours counting removing the bags and side covers. I had a heck of a time getting the cable though the frame in front of the battery box. I finally took the screws out of the battery box altogether and disconnected the cruise control module and cable. Went through easy after that. Be careful with the rubber boot you take off one cable and put on the PCIII cable. I thought it would tear, but slow and easy made it work. Haven't ridden it yet cause of the storms we've had on the East Coast. Maybe tomorrow!! Good Luck.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
JBELCHER7876
Cruiser

Thanks for the advice everyone, it sounds like I need to find a laptop to 0 the throttle. I am sure once I have the Info I will have no problem. I am also thinking about putting the unit in a bag to make sure water isn't an issue. Jon

Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JBELCHER7876

Thanks for the advice everyone, it sounds like I need to find a laptop to 0 the throttle. I am sure once I have the Info I will have no problem. I am also thinking about putting the unit in a bag to make sure water isn't an issue. Jon
I dont think you need to put the unit in a bag. Water wont be an issue. As far as the mounting. I first tried the under the battery box route and didnt have a whole lot of luck. Ended up using the piggyback onto the ECM method with wire ties and it went much better. It is a little bit of a trick getting everything stuffed in there but just take your time and it all works.

Quick Reply: PCIII On The Way