Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H pro pipe - pipes- pipes- pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:14 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default V&H pro pipe - pipes- pipes- pipes

What is your quest?

The knights replied: We seek the Grail! _ Monty Python fans rejoice.

And so it seems, things can go this way, when one is seeking the right exhaust for "their" HD bike.

When I bought my Roadking in 2011, the stock bike did not sound like I wanted. I wanted a nice performing bike with a nice sounding exhaust, had dealer installed SE255 cams before I picked it up.

Had power duals installed however, they did not sound quite like true duals which I did like, and pulling the baffles and taking the wrap off the mufflers sort of helped somewhat with the sound....

After putting a few thousand miles on the RKC, after installing TW222 cams and MGS TD pipes, I decided that I wanted to recover the torque that the TD pipes were leaving out of the throttle twist phenomenon.

I will be putting my MGS TD pipes up for sale here soon, I got a V&H pro pipe to install this weekend. I did appreciate the posts that Fuelmoto put on FB regarding testing they ran on 2-1 pipes last week- it is worth a visit to their FB page to check. I had a D&D 2-1 on my '07 FLSTF, liked the torque not the sound, and while the V&H pro pipe, was not top dog ( the D&D Bosscat was ), the price on the V&H got the wallet attention, and the youtube videos of the pro pipe for sound, seemed to seal the deal in that direction.

I will get a new fuel map from FM, for 2-1 exhaust, and hopefully, this is the end of my quest.

Cheers

Last edited by mgmmgm; 02-09-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:41 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered a pro pipe for my king...hope it's good too...lol...ryan

Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I run the Pro Pipe with 48H cams and it does sound great and performs well also. This is a 96" engine.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:43 AM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a Pro Pipe on my 2000 Heritage with 88b engine and cam and it really woke up the engine with some good low end torque. Engine runs strong and I have no problem keeping up with 96s.

Just got done installing a Pro Pipe on my '13 RGU with SE AC and V&H Fuel Pak. Again, it really woke up the 103 and it now runs like I thought it should have when I bought the bike. Also, love the sound they make.
You're gonna love it.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My ride buddy just got a Pro pipe yesterday and installed it. It sounded pretty good on his 2008 CVO road king 110 engine.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:38 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the HS pro pipe on my sruper glide.
You will get your low end back+
Up to around 5,000 they pull hard. They are sure a tq builder.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:42 AM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How loud is the pro pipe? I know,,,,subjective to who is doing the listening. It's winter time, not like I can go anywhere to hear one. Just trying to to get a comparison to the jackpots/ fuelmoto 2-1-2 header I've been running.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:14 AM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard one at the dealer by my house. They had a bike on the floor that had one on it. Fired it right up for me when I asked about it. Ryan

Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I've been running a Pro Pipe on my FLHT for 3 years. Love it !

Old 02-11-2015, 09:55 AM
usraptor
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer glider
How loud is the pro pipe? I know,,,,subjective to who is doing the listening. It's winter time, not like I can go anywhere to hear one. Just trying to to get a comparison to the jackpots/ fuelmoto 2-1-2 header I've been running.
They are fairly loud. I've heard a lot louder, but they aren't exactly quiet either. I think V&H makes a "quiet" baffle for them, but I'm not positive. Might check out their web site. Also, check out you tube. They is probably a few posts on their that will give you a hint of how they sound.

Quick Reply: V&H pro pipe - pipes- pipes- pipes