Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new LRS shield

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Papa Joe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new LRS shield

Got my new shield on Friday. It is the 9" Recurve dark tint. Got it on their 60% off sale for $52.50 with tax and all. Ordered on Tuesday and got it on Friday. Very happy with the ride now, no buffeting at all! Here it is on my 14 street glide

Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,092 Likes on 654 Posts

Looks great!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the same shield but in the 7". What a huge difference from factory stock shield. Perfect choice for me..

Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I had bought a 7" light tint, then when they had 60% off shortly after, I got a dark tint 8" and a light tint 8"..

I like the way the dark tint looks on the bike, of course; but rode this evening and in the dark its way too unsettling for me to have that dark tint 8" obscuring the 15-20 feet in front of me at speed on the highway. I can see the way fine, I can see over the shield, but I didn't like not having a clear view of the road directly in front of me .. I took it off immediately when I got home. Put the light tint 8" on and should be a better fit for me.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how you guys ride with such a dark tinted shield. I have had them all and I prefer the clear over them all. I have had many different sizes and I still prefer the clear. Right screen makes a HUGE difference

Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Alter Kaker
Senior Rider
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New LRS Shield

Curses! They had another sale? And I missed it? Damn!
I bought a 8" recurve a few months back and find a 6" would have been better for my new setup.
Serves me right for not checking the masthead ads.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:17 AM
My14Ultra
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Ive got the stock screen on my 14 Ultra Limited. Finally got to ride it yesterday at freeway speeds. I find I get head buffeting at the higherspeeds. even with the new screen vent open. It seems like I need another couple of inches in height to clear my helmet. Does the shape of the LRS screens help deflect the air up better then stock. Just trying to figure the height I need to get. Also is the stock screen 10 inches tall?
TIA

Old 02-09-2015, 06:08 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have an 8in coming in the mail today.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:35 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by My14Ultra
Ive got the stock screen on my 14 Ultra Limited. Finally got to ride it yesterday at freeway speeds. I find I get head buffeting at the higherspeeds. even with the new screen vent open. It seems like I need another couple of inches in height to clear my helmet. Does the shape of the LRS screens help deflect the air up better then stock. Just trying to figure the height I need to get. Also is the stock screen 10 inches tall?
TIA
They certainly do, and because of the great sales they have really its not to expensive to buy more than one. I'm on my 4th LRS shield now, Ive given away two and still have the two that work best for me. I use a 6" for in and around town and most of the summer, and a 9" for the colder winter months and rain. Also On long road trips the 9" goes on. With just the 6" I don't notice half the buffering that I do with my stock 4", but I'm only 5'8".

Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by My14Ultra
Ive got the stock screen on my 14 Ultra Limited. Finally got to ride it yesterday at freeway speeds. I find I get head buffeting at the higherspeeds. even with the new screen vent open. It seems like I need another couple of inches in height to clear my helmet. Does the shape of the LRS screens help deflect the air up better then stock. Just trying to figure the height I need to get. Also is the stock screen 10 inches tall? TIA
The good thing about the LRS Recurve shields is that it allows you to use a short enough shield to see over the top for a good field of vision and yet still be able to throw the wind up and over your head. I'm guessing an 8 or 9" would do you fine.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Quick Reply: new LRS shield