Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:11 PM
mofo190
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Audio

Was gunna post this in the audio section, but figured I would get more feedback here.. Alright so I have done almost everything I want to my road king, but now its time to add some tunes to my ride. Got a quote for a local custom shop to set me up with fairing lowers painted with speaker pods, 6.5 hertz speakers, amp, wiring, assembly and everything I need to ride out of there bumping. He is saying $1200 for everything.
So I wanna know is this the best route to go because I ride with half helmet, apes and no windshield or fairing. So I need it to be loud. I brought up saddlebag speakers but he said unless I do double 6x9 I won't be able to hear it good, which he said is out of my spending budget I gave him. from what he is saying he is swearing on the fairing lowers with speakers because they are facing up towards me and promises I will be able to hear them no matter how fast I go. Just looking for some input on this.

Thanks

Old 02-08-2015, 01:26 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

You should have posted this in the Audio section. It's very active and full of helpful people that know this stuff inside and out.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mofo190
Was gunna post this in the audio section, but figured I would get more feedback here.. Alright so I have done almost everything I want to my road king, but now its time to add some tunes to my ride. Got a quote for a local custom shop to set me up with fairing lowers painted with speaker pods, 6.5 hertz speakers, amp, wiring, assembly and everything I need to ride out of there bumping. He is saying $1200 for everything.
So I wanna know is this the best route to go because I ride with half helmet, apes and no windshield or fairing. So I need it to be loud. I brought up saddlebag speakers but he said unless I do double 6x9 I won't be able to hear it good, which he said is out of my spending budget I gave him. from what he is saying he is swearing on the fairing lowers with speakers because they are facing up towards me and promises I will be able to hear them no matter how fast I go. Just looking for some input on this.

Thanks

I just did a set up on mine. The first thing you have to realize is that a highway speeds with no shield, you won't be able to hear anything well. Period...

His price is also insane. I just did all that for around 300.00 (I used Polk Audio speakers. I know the Hertz are more) and the labor is easy. I already had lower fairings but if you don't add another 125.00 to that.

I did a Soundstream PN4.520, Infinity 6.5s in the lowers and I have a Harley Boom windshield unit that I am using with this set up. It sounds great and is LOUD. Any louder and you have to be doing hearing damage running the roads...
PM me for more info. Good luck!

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 02-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.