Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC V map?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Teode
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PC V map?

Hey guys. Anyone on here familiar with Power Comander V? This is the printout my dealership gave me for the program. Does this make sense to anyone? What baffles me is they do not have anything on the description correct. Ive got MGS pipes, Big Sucker Ac and a PC V.

Attached Thumbnails PC V map?-pc5.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47 AM
airfuel
Tourer

That is either a canned map they didn't change the notes on, or just a canned map they loaded in.

They also need to maximize map resolution so the mapping points are every 250 rpm instead of every 500.

Did you pay for a custom map? Do you have a printout of the power/tq graph?

Old 02-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Likely there is very little difference between your parts and the parts on the chart (One open AC is not really different from another, etc).

That said, I suggest calling (dont email) Fuel Moto and see if they'll hook you up with a map, they have tons, and almost certainly have one that matches your combo.

And buy something from them, they deserve it and you'll be happy

Old 02-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Teode
Intermediate

I paid for (4) hours of dyno time at $88 an hour so ya, I paid for it. I had the map done back in June, before I went to Sturgis. When I went to the Stealership yesterday, I asked them to give me a print out of my map so I had it incase anything goes wrong with my PC V. The picture is what they gave me. So you guys think this is just a generic map? Wouldnt surprise me if they didnt do a damn thing to my bike. I'll post a pic of my graph when I get home.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Originally Posted by Teode
I paid for (4) hours of dyno time at $88 an hour so ya, I paid for it. I had the map done back in June, before I went to Sturgis. When I went to the Stealership yesterday, I asked them to give me a print out of my map so I had it incase anything goes wrong with my PC V. The picture is what they gave me. So you guys think this is just a generic map? Wouldnt surprise me if they didnt do a damn thing to my bike. I'll post a pic of my graph when I get home.
With few exceptions a dealership is the last place I'd take my bike to get tuned.

99.9% of them have very little experience beyond the minimal training they get after the last bonehead that used to do it left.

With a basic stage 1 setup, if you get a map from a company like Fuel Moto or other company with extensive experience tuning, the map you'll get will be much better than a tune by some slob at the dealership who doesnt know what the heck he is doing.

Fuel Moto, Hillside, Dragos, etc etc all have tuned thousands of bikes, if you're a customer of theirs they'll give you a map that is the result of a tune with your exact part combination, so it will be very very close.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Teode
Intermediate

Lookin at Fuel Moto's website, they will not supply maps if you didnt buy the parts from them. I am on hold right now with Power Commander to see if they have a map they can send me. Looking at their site, they do not list MGS pipes as an option, unfortunately. I hope that will not create an issue.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:18 PM
airfuel
Tourer

Look on the Dynojet site for a map.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:29 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by Teode
Lookin at Fuel Moto's website, they will not supply maps if you didnt buy the parts from them. I am on hold right now with Power Commander to see if they have a map they can send me. Looking at their site, they do not list MGS pipes as an option, unfortunately. I hope that will not create an issue.
Download the PCIII software for your PC and download/look at/backup your present map.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dType=PCIIIUSB

Is the bike running good?

Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you have our product we will supply you a map. Just call us at the shop, give us your bike info and we can email a map right over. 661-951-9878

Old 02-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Bachus
Tourer

"MGS", stellar support!

Buy quality from a good source and they will help you out.

Looks to me that you got burnt from the stealership paying for a real dyno tune.

I've bought all my stuff from F/M, excellent company w/spot-on maps, wanting to add Auto-Tune to my 09FLHTP w/SE255's but F/M's map is spot on, don't think that AutoTune would improve enough to justify the cost.

Try MGS's map, should be better than what you paid for.

Dan B.
Central Ks.