Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision and cfr owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:38 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts
Default Power vision and cfr owners

I've been doing tons of research o tuners and so on.. I'm set against the piggy back for reason that have been stated in previous posts. I think the power vision with built in auto tune will suffice for what I have now.. Cfr knock offs and stage 1 ac.. I'll get the pv from fuel moto so I know I'll have support hopefully.. Anyone have a similar combo that can shed some inside before I spit out 513 for the pcv.. I'm sure this has been covered before and from what I've read with the cfr pipes people go both way as far as tuning and performance.. For the most part I trust most of you guys on here as you have real world experience to speak for

Old 02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
I've been doing tons of research o tuners and so on.. I'm set against the piggy back for reason that have been stated in previous posts. I think the power vision with built in auto tune will suffice for what I have now.. Cfr knock offs and stage 1 ac.. I'll get the pv from fuel moto so I know I'll have support hopefully.. Anyone have a similar combo that can shed some inside before I spit out 513 for the pcv.. I'm sure this has been covered before and from what I've read with the cfr pipes people go both way as far as tuning and performance.. For the most part I trust most of you guys on here as you have real world experience to speak for
Devin and Kevin(DK) have the Power Vision on their bikes and are extremely satisfied with theirs! The Power Vision has many features and the auto tune is great to have. You can't beat the Unlimited Lifetime Technical Support that you will receive

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

When you say "built in auto-tune", I hope you dont think its the same kind of autotune that a Power Commander or Thundermax has, where it dynamically adjusts.

Power Vision Auto tune just allows you to easily create static maps.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:03 AM
the warden
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the PV on 3 bikes and it works very well for me. Fuel Moto is the way to go with the lifetime support, which is second to none. I opted for the Auto Tune Pro for my Ultra. Some will say that it is not necessary for a relatively stock bike (Stage 1), which mine is not, but I found that I was able to fine tune much better with the addition of the wide band sensors. It allows you to hit more areas within the map for finer tuning. You may want research this further to assist in your decision. I should point out that you can always add the Auto Tune Pro later on if you wish.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had CFR's ad PV on my last RG, fuel moto supplied a map and i was very happy with it. i ran it for about 6 months before i installed cams and had it dyno'ed and tuned.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
rwb1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a T-Max with S&S powertune duals w/ CFR's and an S&S stealth A/C....A friend I ride with has a similar set up on his 11' street glide but uses a PV...he spends more time screwin' with the tuner than he does riding. He loves it until we are side by side, then trust me ..the thundermax does what it is supposed to do.
The more I ride, honestly the better the bike runs. Cylinder head temps have gone down, gas mileage has gone up, and instead of having a "pocket sized" tuner...I plug my laptop into the T-max every 500-1000 miles and re-map and check that everything is ok...so far so good, been about a year. I get all the live data I need and great tech support if I need it form Cycle Solutions.
Just my opinion of course....I wonder how many have bought the PV because it was the newest "gadget" and wish they didnt. A canned map is close....just close.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the PV and wouldn't change it. FM air cleaner and Rhineharts. Few AT runs to dial in the VE tables and she runs fine. Be able to watch as many as 6 gauges at once on the screen is a nice plus also. And also you can calibrate your speedometer with the PV.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:31 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

I honestly have no plans of doing any big build, just want a good running bike.. I understand there may be limits to the built in tuning capabilities but again I'm looking the become a tuning wiz.. I've talked with fuel moto for days about the micro tuner and the issues I've had before with the pcv and don't feel like it's what I need.. I could be wrong.. I'd really rather spend 200 vs 513. Having gauges and what not don't mean anything to me I won't ride with it on most of the time.. To me it seems really similar to the Diablo trinity I used to have for me truck and I like it a lot.. I want to go with the most cost effective way to get my needs taken care of.. I have the money to buy any tuner but I don't want to spend a grand on one

Last edited by decencyxdefied; 02-05-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:52 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

I gotta thank you guys for beating this dead horse with me.. I know we get these kind of questions all the time.. My knowledge on this topic is only what I read on here and it's just like anything else 5 products that 5 guys have and 5 different reviews on each. One of my neighbors has a 96" fatboy with vh short shots and a fuel pack and loves it.. My other neighbor has a 96" ultra with a street tuner and talk about kicking my *** all the time. And here I am with the same basic set up and can't figure out the best route to go lol

Old 02-05-2015, 12:57 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwb1
I wonder how many have bought the PV because it was the newest "gadget" and wish they didnt.
My guess would be none.

Quick Reply: Power vision and cfr owners