Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway pegs symmetry

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015 | 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

I rode around with the allen wrench to adjust them for a couple weeks until they were just right.

Old 02-02-2015 | 08:41 AM
Ganooch
Road Warrior

Man, you guys are picky. I had a buddy stand the bike up. I put the first one on, then eyeballed the second one. I know that they are close, I know they aren't perfect. Comfortable as hell when riding though. Think that is what matters. Doubt anyone is going to pull out the tape measure and grade my alignment at bike night.

Old 02-02-2015 | 08:41 AM
Onedef1
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Heard that there was beer-drinking going on before 11 AM there and that folks were drunk by afternoon?

I guess that they have another similar event in September but not so many 1%er's show up for that one?

I was down there once. very impressive, much more so than Sturgis.
The people that go to the swap meet are bikers.

Sturgis is biker element w/a **** load of tourists.
Buy a HD/Sturgis Tshirt and go walk around in Sturgis.
Colorado is a biker event.
That is the difference.

I went with the Kuryakyn Long-Horn peg/mounts.
No regrets.

Oh yeah. It was crazy busy this year; attendance was probably the highest I've seen it in 15-20 years I've been there. Snow was threatening so not many rode in; and yes, I had my first beer at 10 am. Was a good Expo. That was just Saturday. by Sunday morning, 4 inches was on the ground, it was pretty busy all day nevertheless; until the game started, then it slowed considerably, which made for great shopping!

Old 02-02-2015 | 11:58 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

I put my bike on the jack and got it level. Like you, I used string, tape, tape measure and I have an inclinometer that I use for wood working. You can download an app as well that will do the same thing.

I set the height, then angle and finally the tilt.

Old 02-02-2015 | 12:02 PM
baldguy13
Road Master

Originally Posted by Onedef1
Well further complicating it was that the Streamliner pegs have yet another bolt that fixes their rotation. So you've got to like, think in 5D. You got the clamp, the angle clicker, the peg up/down, and the rotators that all need to be screwed in and they're all different size hex bolts...GAH... All good now though.. I think. *checks again* I THINK.
Yup. I have the same exact setup. I put them down low so I could have my heel on the floorboard and toe on the peg (or my whole foot on the peg). But with the stock brake, my right foot always feels like it's falling off the floorboard because my arch is touching the brake (I always double check and my heel is near the middle, same as the other side). This could have something to do with my Size 13s...

BTW, great deal on the setup. I got my mounts for 20% off and found the pegs on these forums. But I'm still in for more than you are.

I don't mind the 3D, or the 5D, but I really like the Double D.

Old 02-02-2015 | 07:05 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

I left my pegs offset a little bit, left one is higher than the right. It helps relieve my back pains and sciatica. Sorta like when ya stand at a bar for a while and ya feel better with one foot on the foot rail.