Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Dolly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM
DK's Limited
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Invest in a J&S bike lift. Pull the bike in,jack it up and spin it around.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=879704632093939

I hope this link works. This is a cool dolly.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Never seen a dolly I liked.
This one I like.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso

That IS a cool dolly.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got a friend that uses the HF dolly with his Goldwing and loves it.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 AM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso

That's slick. Know where to get one?

Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHXBiker
That's slick. Know where to get one?
Unfortunately no. Every search I do all I get is the HF dolly

Old 02-02-2015, 04:02 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Did a lot of research on the one on FB yesterday. I finally found the wheel dollly they were using at a foriegn country web site. It appears that you would use a tire dolly and make a kick stand extension. I also found a couple on Amazon. I've attached the link for the cheap one that would need better casters for our bikes. Then you would still have to manufacturer the kickstand leg. Nice think about the one on Amazon the pics show all the dimensions so I'm just gonna make the whole thing.

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Center Stand Mover Dolley Cruiser Bike Dolly Park and Move Dollie Motorcycle Center Stand Mover Dolly Cruiser Park: Automotive Amazon.com: Motorcycle Center Stand Mover Dolley Cruiser Bike Dolly Park and Move Dollie Motorcycle Center Stand Mover Dolly Cruiser Park: Automotive

Expensive one,
Amazon.com: Park-N-Move - Standard: Automotive Amazon.com: Park-N-Move - Standard: Automotive

Park and move and this dolly were originally designed to be used with a center stand. Most of us don't use one so thats where the kick stand extension would come into play.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:14 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

To the OP

I know this isn't what you want to hear; learn to back the back down the hill of your driveway. You take less risk backing the bike than you do riding on and off a dolly. Most people drop their bikes backing up using the front brake and turning the front wheel off center at the same time. Back your bike to the start of the driveway, put it into 1st gear (with the engine off) and pull the clutch in. Start down the driveway and let the clutch out a little or a lot depending on whether you want to slow down a little or come to a complete stop. Believe me, the engine will stop the bike cold should you want to.

Use your mirrors instead of looking over your shoulder. Looking over your shoulder twists the upper body and pulls the steering off center and only provides a one sided view. Head and eyes forward using the mirrors keeps the front wheel straight and makes the bike easy to handle. You can never go wrong learning an additional way to handle your machine. Those skills may come in handy one day when you're out someplace and don't have a dolly with you.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:53 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I bought the HF dolly about a month ago because I have a wooden 12'x24' garage and I have always used my HF lift to get the bike turned around. I got the dolly to be able to get it around easier and it WORKS. It is a little tricky the first time or two riding the bike uo onto it because the platform is a little narrower than I would like and also I have a 2" lowering block so I had to get it right with the ramp but once you figure it out it's a piece of cake. the directions like most HF stuff leaves a little to be desired but it's pretty straight forward.
I have a 14 TK and it just fits I don't use the stop pins, make sure when you put it together you you roll it up to your bike so you can see where to put the Jiffystand tub.
Like I said I have a wooden garage so the first time I tried to put the bike up on it it slid forward a little so I drilled two holes in the floor that matched the holes in the front of the dolly(you will see them) I drop a couple of pins through the dolly and through the floor and it makes the dolly solid, get the bike on and pull the pins drop the handles for the drive on ramps and with one hand I can rotate my bike around so it's pointed out.
You drop a handle that is on both ends for a ramp that makes it so you can ride off and ride on when you just turn the dolly around.
For the 80 bucks you spend it works damn good as long as the floor is pretty smooth.
Here are a few pics. of my 14 TK on the HF Dolly.

This last pic shows the drop down ramp you use to ride on and off.

Last edited by santajim; 02-02-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Dolly?