Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Dolly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Originally Posted by road king Q
ya need one of them batman turntables
http://www.cyclespinner.com/

Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,929 Likes on 8,619 Posts

I would think a good quality motorcycle jack would be better than what`s been shown. You could strap down the bike to the jack, making it much less prone to tipping over from the right side if the wheels caught a stone or whatever. That dolly is pretty narrow. JMHO. The cycle spinner looks pretty sturdy, but how expensive is it?

Last edited by hvacgaspiping; 02-01-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 604 Likes on 439 Posts

Those dolly's don't look that stable to me when riding on and off it. That things awful long to store in the garage.
I suggest getting a J&S jack. I use mine every time I ride to turn my bike around in a single car garage space. I ride in. Get off and jack it up, spin it around and let it down.The added advantage is its great for cleaning and working on the bike. Its a very stable jack and you could store the bike on it if you want. It cost more but its worth it. One of the best things I've bought for the bike.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Has anyone used the Harbor Freight or Discount Ramp dolly's? Harbor Freight is 79.99 and Discount Ramps is 119.99. Both are 1250 lb capacity and I have a coupon for HF.

Thanks for the info!
I have the HF dolly and I really like it. I bought cause I had free HF $ and a coupon and wanted to try it -I love it. I park one or the other of my FXRs on it and they just fit for length. Takes some practice to get used to parking on it, not bad. My bikes weigh a bit over 600 lbs.
I have a tight garage and the dolly works great for my purposes. I can roll the bike forward and back and side to side easily. There was a detailed thread here ( somewhere ) about the HF dolly, with mods and great info. It has been one of the best $60.00 items I have purchased for my bikes.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Those dolly's don't look that stable to me when riding on and off it.-snip-
I push my bike on and off.
Agree completely about the J&S jack.
I have one bike on the dolly and the other on the J&S jack.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I like the Cycle Spinner but 1100.00 is a little steep for me. The jack may be what I end up using but the dolly would be more convenient. I'd still like to hear from someone who has one of the dolly's.

Thanks for all the info guys!

As I posted this 2 more reviews popped up on the HF. Thanks

Old 02-01-2015, 10:57 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Artlee
I have the HF dolly and I really like it. I bought cause I had free HF $ and a coupon and wanted to try it -I love it. I park one or the other of my FXRs on it and they just fit for length. Takes some practice to get used to parking on it, not bad. My bikes weigh a bit over 600 lbs.
I have a tight garage and the dolly works great for my purposes. I can roll the bike forward and back and side to side easily. There was a detailed thread here ( somewhere ) about the HF dolly, with mods and great info. It has been one of the best $60.00 items I have purchased for my bikes.

Do you think there would be any fitment issues with a Street Glide?

Old 02-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Do you think there would be any fitment issues with a Street Glide?
Hard for me to say, not having a SG.
The wheel base on both of my FXRs is about 64 inches, if that helps. You might want to check the width of your tires too. The width of the HF dolly track/channel is 8 inches.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Artlee
Hard for me to say, not having a SG.
The wheel base on both of my FXRs is about 64 inches, if that helps. You might want to check the width of your tires too. The width of the HF dolly track/channel is 8 inches.
Thanks, i'll measure when I get home.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:28 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

My 75 year old neighbor uses two of the HF dollies and likes them a lot. He has a RK and an Ultra on his. He said the wheels are a little cheap and are sometimes a little stubborn to swivel. He has bad knees and shoulders, so they must work pretty good.

I tried using my jack and they aren't near as easy to move because only two of the four wheels swivel.

Beary

Beary

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Dolly?