Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have photos of 2009 flhx custom dynamics install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Anyone have photos of 2009 flhx custom dynamics install

I'm looking for proper connection photos of the red triple play module and the blue load equalizer module how they connect to a 2009 fLHX?

I have bullet rings red in the back and yellow into the front with a bal 1 as a brake light.

The blinkers work fine but the brake light won't light. It only acts as a running light.

I'll be working with custom dynamics on Monday but if I can solve this over the weekend it would be great. Thanks..

Old 01-24-2015, 07:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
The blinkers work fine but the brake light won't light. It only acts as a running light.
Have you tried both front and rear brake levers, to see if it lights with one of them? It's just possible your wiring is fine, but one or both brake switches are not right. Just a thought!

Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Gliden
Club Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
Have you tried both front and rear brake levers, to see if it lights with one of them? It's just possible your wiring is fine, but one or both brake switches are not right. Just a thought!
Yes sir graham. I had installed bullet rings and a tri bar from C.D. Also installed the triple play module and load eq.

Everything was great. My bal1 and the C.D. Bullet ringz were working great. All in sync and strobing together as they should.

The c.d. Tri bar wouldn't act as a brake light so I called them.

The fella said to take the red wire from the triple play from the female side of the C.D. Red module and tap into it and run this lead down to the left side tri-bar connection to the red wire on the tri bar.
I did that but nothing happened regarding the tri bar. It was still acting like a running light.
Next thing I know I'm poking around with this taped lead and I hear zzzzzzzzz.
Now brakes will only act as running lights. Neither lever is able to light the brake light.

I say to myself I must have blown the red C.D. Module so I tell them I blew it up and I buy another. The CD tech was great and added a tap for me to run to the tri bar to get the tri bar to also act as a brake light.

The first thing I notice is the tap he put in for me is not on the female side of the cd triple play module. It's installed on the male side of the harness....he did tell me to tap the female side. I remember that kind of stuff. " female" = hole? How can you screw that up right?

Anyway....I plug in the new module and before I tap into the tap for the tri bar I try to get myself at least back to where I was before I blew up the old module.
I program the module but the brakes still do not light beyond the running light position. No brake lights. Bullet rings light as blinkers but they do not light as brake lights either.
Basically I'm back to square one with the new module as I was with the old module.

Now I'm thinking the electrical zzzzzzzz noise when I was probing was coming from the load eq and maybe it was the load eq I blew out and not the triple play red module.
I check the fuse that's in the blue load eq and its fine.
Monday a CD tech is going to walk me through how to test their load eq to see if that's the issue. I've caused a small nightmare. Already bought two triple play modules and now looking at a possible second load eq. Not good.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Gliden
Club Member

Conclusion.......it was a blown brake lite fuse and I had the 2 modules installed in the incorrect order. I reversed the order but still had no brake lite when hitting the break.

When I was probing around with a lead from the triple play module that was supposed to be tapped into a red wire on the tri bar connector on 09's, I must have probed into an area I should not have probed into. Apparently I blew the 15 amp brake light fuse when doing so.

I never even thought of checking a brake lite fuse because the tail lite was lit during running mode. I figured if it was a brake fuse nothing at all in the brake would lite. Apparently not true.

I looked and found the 15 amp fuse blown and replaced it and whamo all works now as advertised. Thread closed.

Last edited by Gliden; 01-29-2015 at 05:41 PM.