Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

short guys with road glides

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
bike in neutral and not holding the clutch in is different? Huh, never noticed that. Will check next time I am on it. Tha ks!!
Yes, 1st gear while holding clutch lever in is not the same as being in Neutral... usually you still get a little drag on the clutch plates when in 1st gear, and that little bit of drag does make a noticeable difference when you're trying to push the bike around, especially backwards.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:05 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBrainBob
It's not so much about the physical hight, it's the inseam length that allows you to get flat on the ground. I'm 5'10" and my inseam is just under 29", go figure, I have a torso of a 6'4" guy, so I sit tall in the saddle, as one would say. I've lowered 1' in the front, already lowered rear 3/4", stock on 2015 special AND I still have to watch where I park, already have my frankenstein boots, better known as Franky boots with 1" soles, 2X4"s coming on next.

It could always be worse Bob.

I am 6' tall with a 28.5" inseam! My bike is lowered 1" front and back and I wear big thick soled boots too!

My riding buddy is a miniscule 5'6". Amazingly enough when we stand side by side our belts are exactly the same height off the ground!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
sits deep in the stroke at 11" on the bike. That's 1" lower than a Street Glide and 2" lower than most Ultras and Road Glides.
so, how does it compare (dimension wise) to stock when they are fully compressed? is there any danger of the tire rubbing on the fender, or the wiring that's tucked up under there?

i ride a cvo. it has an 18'' rear wheel, even though it utilizes a low profile tire, it still has approximately 3/4'' greater total overall diameter (which makes it sit about 3/8'' higher) and don't want to have the rubber messing up my fender or my wiring.

would be awesome if you did demos

Old 01-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We do indeed have a demo program. Ask your local HD dealer if they participate in it.

ALL of our product utilizes the same compressed length as stock, meaning at full compression, the wheel is in the same position as the OEM unit was. No chance of tire touching fender. If you run lowering blocks, that story could change.

Originally Posted by skratch
so, how does it compare (dimension wise) to stock when they are fully compressed? is there any danger of the tire rubbing on the fender, or the wiring that's tucked up under there?

i ride a cvo. it has an 18'' rear wheel, even though it utilizes a low profile tire, it still has approximately 3/4'' greater total overall diameter (which makes it sit about 3/8'' higher) and don't want to have the rubber messing up my fender or my wiring.

would be awesome if you did demos

Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM
jbrelr21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I'm 5'6" and when I purchased my RGU I had the lowered air shocks installed and then during the winter months and post surgery mending had the seat modified by Mean City Cycles in North Carolina. IMHO they did a fantastic job. just modified the operator's (me) seat and left the passengers seat alone. A less expensive idea is to have a half inch sole to your riding boots. As far as the fairing way out in front, your handle bar switches do the work for you. You'd be surprised how well these beasts handle, heavy but nimble.
Do you still have the stock shocks?

Old 03-19-2021, 12:44 PM
relson
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
well, i did say that flatfooting wasn't necessary a few posts up. but at least i wasn't a dick about it
Says you...