Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Stinx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clearview Windshield

shark, I sent you a PM about the windshiled. I could not get acces to your e-mail address

Old 04-19-2007, 10:31 AM
rollover
Road Captain

Irish, you are going through the same thing I am. I'm also 6'1". I prefer to look thru the shield as opposed to over it. Can't wear a hat or bandana with the stock shield. I ended up ordering the 15" shield with the recurve at the top. Hopefully this will cure the issues I'm having.

Soberglide, only problem I really had with the order was the fact that you don't find out about the delay until after the order is placed and the credit card info is taken. With as much of a delay as 5-6 weeks until the shield gets shipped, it should state this on the website upfront so one can make the decision prior to ordering. Had I known it would have taken until June to get the shield, I probably would have looked elsewhere. Like I stated in an earlier post, it is just a shield and not some custom piece that should take 5-6 weeks. A month and a half is ridiculous in my eyes.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My delivery time came to my attention the same way. But they do have a 'Contact us', and I think if delivery time for any purchse is the make or break point for any of us; that's where I would start. Just my point of view. BTW, since I don't think this will come "Priority Mail', delivery method was not a prime concern. Like an Elephant, I am.....

Be more than happy to Post the results after the install. I get the FullSac jpegs at the same time.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Just installed my new Clearview, light smoked , 2" shorter then stock with the curve on my RK Standard. I am very happy with it. Now I can look over the shield and the wind goes up and over my head. Before with the stock one my line of sight was right at the top making me scoot down or raise up. Took it for a one hour ride and it is a keeper.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM
lschultz
Road Master

Clearview windsheilds are well worth the wait. I ordered one for me and one for my sons bike took probably 5 wks but worth the wait.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Stinx
Intermediate

shark PM sent

Old 04-21-2007, 09:38 AM
vtxed
Tourer

No wonder why there behind on orders, they work Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Bankers hours. They could start at 8:00 AM and work to 6:00 PM and work Sat also to keep up. Just my 2 cents.

More orders means longer hours in riding season, I know I work 10 hours a day and every other Sat to get the job done.

Steve

Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

One thing nice about owning your own company, you can do what you want. I would think that if the owners of Clear View wanted to change their hours, they would.

In my business I turn down some customers because I don't want to work long hours or on the weekends.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:38 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thumbs up for the Clearview folks!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
irish2
Intermediate

vtxed,
Man you stated they worked from 9am to 5am. By my calcuations thats a 20 hour day. Monday thru Friday thats a hundred hour week. Tough to top that. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Quick Reply: Clearview Windshield