Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
shark
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clearview Windshield

rollover -

what size are you looking for? I have an 8 inch light smoke, only rode with it once.Fits '96 and up electra glide / street glide. a little too low for me, 9 1/2 inch works fine. pm/ email me if intrerested.

Mike

Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a new one 3 weeks ago, received an e mail today stating it is shipping tomorrow.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
maximus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are most using on Road Glides, small, med, large, or extra large? The reason I ask is because John is holding one for me that is extra large but I'm thinking for a 5' 10" sloutcher like myself it'll be too tall. Any advice before the morning call to Clearview?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Thanks for the offer shark but I am going taller then stock.

ORIGINAL: shark

rollover -

what size are you looking for? I have an 8 inch light smoke, only rode with it once.Fits '96 and up electra glide / street glide. a little too low for me, 9 1/2 inch works fine. pm/ email me if intrerested.

Mike

Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

well when ya do git it....DONT DRILL ON IT WITH A 1/2" BIT IN 30deg TEMPS....AN DONT FLEX IT WHEN YA DRILL NEITHER [:-]

Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 PM
rollover
Road Captain

3 weeks I could live with. Barely. 6 is a bit ridiculous. Just kind of caught me off guard seeing as most things I order are delivered in a week or so. I mean come on, it's only a windshield. It's not like you are ordering some handmade custom piece made by a skilled craftsman in another country. I'm sure these things are stamped out by some big machine that spits them out rather quickly.

ORIGINAL: myzen

I ordered a new one 3 weeks ago, received an e mail today stating it is shipping tomorrow.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Sounds likea voice of experience. LOL Hope you didn't have to wait another month for a new one.

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

well when ya do git it....DONT DRILL ON IT WITH A 1/2" BIT IN 30deg TEMPS....AN DONT FLEX IT WHEN YA DRILL NEITHER [:-]

Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

If you want one sooner, I ordered one with a blemish from their discount section. The blemish is on the inside and is at the bottom of the windsield so when I installed it, the blemish wasn't (isn't) visible. Just an option, but it was here in a week and it was also a bit cheaper. It's a 6.5 inch black with a re-curve,,,love it.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: maximus

What are most using on Road Glides, small, med, large, or extra large? The reason I ask is because John is holding one for me that is extra large but I'm thinking for a 5' 10" sloutcher like myself it'll be too tall. Any advice before the morning call to Clearview?
I ordered a GT Medium and it is very close to the stock RoadGlide height.......perfect for me and I'm a touch over 5'9" and long-waisted. Been wasted a long time, too....ahem, well, anyway, it took 5 weeks to get but well worth the wait. They make an excellent product.

Get the smoked one.....skip the vent.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rollover
I just received an order confirmation telling me that they are behind and SHIPPING should be in 5-6 WEEKS.

Same exact information here. Ordered mine on Sun and they said 5-6 weeks, hopefully more towards the 5 week time frame. Does anyone know if the shield comes with double sided tape or do I need to go out and buy it? Thanks
You will need to get the tape strips.

Quick Reply: Clearview Windshield