Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback needed, C&C seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015 | 12:27 PM
starbiker99
Tourer

Originally Posted by DHubbs
Thanks man, we are really happy with them! No, actually they are vinyl. I had it in my head we were going to go with the leather. After talking to Chuck at C&C and a few other upholstery experts I personally know, I decided against the leather. The reason being for the vinyl looking newer much longer. You can not tell these are vinyl by the look an feel of them. You would swear they are leather. I am told the leather will wrinkle and crack long before the vinyl. They are the C&C Wide Solo. According to Chuck they have not been making the Wide version very long. They are very comfortable with lower support that seems to wrap around your back.
Thanks for the feedback! I just put my Danny Gray on Clist. I'm going to give C&C a call and go with the Wide Solo and the #2 pillion along with a matching sissy bar pad. I had planned on going leather but I have now decided to go vinyl. Thanks again!

Old 02-04-2015 | 02:40 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by starbiker99
Thanks for the feedback! I just put my Danny Gray on Clist. I'm going to give C&C a call and go with the Wide Solo and the #2 pillion along with a matching sissy bar pad. I had planned on going leather but I have now decided to go vinyl. Thanks again!
Glad I was able to help. Be sure & mention HD Forums & Chuck will take 10% off the price!

Old 02-04-2015 | 04:28 PM
equandt
Road Warrior

Pretty happy with my C&C. Has a nice firm sit compared to stock or a Mustang.

Attached Thumbnails Feedback needed, C&C seats-img-20150101-00705.jpg  
Old 02-04-2015 | 08:23 PM
C908
Road Warrior

C&C solo, love it.

Attached Thumbnails Feedback needed, C&C seats-p1030911.jpg  
Old 02-04-2015 | 10:28 PM
All Aces
Road Master

OK I'll be the one! Had a Corbin on a RK for 5 yrs and it was great. Got my 2010EGC and went with C&C solo. Great looking seat, made very well and Chuck was great. That said, I could not go 50 miles without my *** hurting. Tried a second C&C with some adjustments, same thing. I went to Corbin and bought thier Gunfighter Solo and it is awesome just like my first Corbin. It cost a few hundred more but to me well worth it. With so many pros on this I feel bad posting. Also my Corbin came with a small 1/2" cut in it and when I call thier CS they were good. They said ride it until the season was over if I wanted and call them and they would send me a return lable. This was August and since I am in NC I didn;t call them until January and they turned it around in about 2 weeks. No complaints here. That my friends is my 2 cents.

Old 02-05-2015 | 07:59 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by All Aces
OK I'll be the one! Had a Corbin on a RK for 5 yrs and it was great. Got my 2010EGC and went with C&C solo. Great looking seat, made very well and Chuck was great. That said, I could not go 50 miles without my *** hurting. Tried a second C&C with some adjustments, same thing. I went to Corbin and bought thier Gunfighter Solo and it is awesome just like my first Corbin. It cost a few hundred more but to me well worth it. With so many pros on this I feel bad posting. Also my Corbin came with a small 1/2" cut in it and when I call thier CS they were good. They said ride it until the season was over if I wanted and call them and they would send me a return lable. This was August and since I am in NC I didn;t call them until January and they turned it around in about 2 weeks. No complaints here. That my friends is my 2 cents.
Good info. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2015 | 06:11 AM
Eddie Haskell
Tourer

I am in search of the seat that allows me to ride all day!! I have had many seats over the years and the search continues for the one that will work for me. I have had a Corbin, too hard, stock seat with a Mean City Cycle modification, I can't remember why but that wasn't the ticket. I then bought a Mustang, not good, sent the Mustang out to Mean City Cycle and I do believe that was as close as I've gotten, I had it on an 07 FLHTCU, so what did I do shortly after I had found that perfect seat, I bought a new 2010 FLHTCU and the frame had changed and the seat no longer worked! I immediately purchased a Hammock seat and that sort of, kind of worked, but it was not the answer! I ended up buying an Airhawk to sit on, that seems to be the answer for now, I ride until my *** hurts, then put the AH on and adjust accordingly until the ride is over and sometimes it can really suck towards the end.
Needless to say, searching for the perfect seat can be a pain in the ***, literally, as well as very expensive! I got some good info here so I will take that info and continue to search...sigh!

Old 03-21-2015 | 08:16 AM
equandt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell
I am in search of the seat that allows me to ride all day!!
Not sure what your definition of all day is...but...My Ultra has a Mustang Vintage Solo Super Touring seat on it. I can do 400 mile days with out any issue. My longest day so far was 465. That last hour was a little squirmy but 465 miles is a lot of miles in a day for me.

The Mustang is a bit softer than a C&C seat. I have a C&C on my RGC but haven't put any miles on it like the Mustang seat on my Ultra.

Good luck.

Old 03-21-2015 | 08:27 AM
Eddie Haskell
Tourer

I would be content if I could ride 300 miles in a day without pain, I have ridden 600 miles in a day and after the first tank of gas I was already putting on the Airhawk for changes in position. Seating is a very personal thing, one mans trash is indeed another mans treasure!