Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I play MP3 on FLHTCU/2009 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:20 AM
radudel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up How can I play MP3 on FLHTCU/2009 ?

Is there any tweak or something to enable playing MP3 music on my Harman-Kardon factory player installed on FLHTCU 2009 model? Many thanks!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Just burn the MP3 formatted music to a disc and insert. I use iTunes media to burn.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Just plug it into the Aux port (little hole) you'll need a cord with two male ends, one end into the aux port the other end into your MP3 player, sent the stereo on Aux input.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:56 AM
radudel
Cruiser

I've been told that it can not play MP3 but only audio formats. Let me check again...
Thanks!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 AM
whyrzwaldo
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Second that. My 08 has a AUX input on the front face. Just plug and play from an Ipod or Phone.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:04 AM
sparky1
Road Captain

My 08 had the AUX input,so does my13,thats how I play the MP3 music.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Brick0044
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMHOG
Just burn the MP3 formatted music to a disc and insert. I use iTunes media to burn.

Works every time, as long as you set it to burn in mp3 format in itunes. You can put hours and hours worth of music on 1 cd.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:34 AM
ksjim
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better yet, I got a Bluetooth adapter at Best Buy. Just plug it into the Aux input on your HK stereo, pair it to your iPhone, and now you've got your entire iTunes Library or Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, etc.

2013 Street Glide

Old 01-11-2015, 11:04 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Remember the Search function is your friend.

Here is the answer...

This is from,
HowTo: Make an MP3 disk for the Harmon Kardon
by Zues33

I've had some problems making an mp3 music disk that would play in the Harmon Kardon on my RG. So I've figured out the problems and can now make the disks. I am sure others probably have run into the same problems so I thought I'd just post a little cook book on what I discovered. I am using windows vista so that's what these instructions are for. Someone else might want to post the differences when using other operationg systems, like the mac, or even other windows versions, like windows 95.

Here's my cookbook...

1. The music must be in MP3 format. The HK player won't recognize WMA (windows media) format or any other.

2. You can rip the above format using the windows media player. Just select the options menu item under the "rip" tab and set it to MP3 before you start, otherwise you'll get the wrong format. Then put in your music CD and press the "start rip" button. ( by the way, rip means - copy the music from the cd to your computer )

3. Here's the step I was doing wrong. I was using the windows explorer to burn the mp3 disk, and getting the wrong format. You should use the windows media player. Under the "burn" tab select the options menu item. Set the playlist type to "M3U", not "WPL". Windows will default the playlist to "WPL" (windows play list), and your disk will not work in anything other than a windows player. If you set it to "M3U" the disk will work in all industry standard players, including the Harmon Kardon on your bike. (Trust Microsoft to change the industry standard!! Typical windows crap)

4. Also under the burn tab make sure you select "Data CD".

Burn the disk, when it's done it will automatically close it out, or finalize it. Then it will work in the HK. It's really nice, it shows the artist and song name on the display when the song starts. I really like it.

This has always worked for me....

Old 01-11-2015, 11:09 AM
radudel
Cruiser

I figured it out somehow but working with iTunes sucks big! I hope that this experience will be much more easier for the next CD. Thanks guys! Ride hard!

Quick Reply: How can I play MP3 on FLHTCU/2009 ?