Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Bring the Rushmore Brothers Back into Main Stream
No keep them out they are to advanced for us
26.74%
Yes bring them back we can help them too
31.40%
Could Care less, but do miss my fellow Harley Brother
9.30%
Why did TrackAdaptor start this poll
33.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Special Thread for "Rushmore"

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

You can sell your Rushmore. Problem solved!

Old 01-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 551 Posts

I like it ,helps zero in on what information I'm looking for , but you still find threads or posts in both sections for that cross over .

Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Nothing wrong with two different sections any more than there are separate sections for each model family. There are more differences in the Rushmore bikes than those that do not have one realize. I mean really, how long does it take to browse over the Rushmore section if you are interested in those rather than just browsing the basic touring section?? Keep it.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Nothing wrong with two different sections any more than there are separate sections for each model family. There are more differences in the Rushmore bikes than those that do not have one realize. I mean really, how long does it take to browse over the Rushmore section if you are interested in those rather than just browsing the basic touring section?? Keep it.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt

Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't really care either way. I do go in there sometimes and post a little. I think it is comical that folks think the bikes are that much different though...Sure, there are some changes but most of the questions folks ask apply to both bikes. It's akin to having separate forums for the 07 and prior bikes. Then the 08s would have to have their own as a transition year...To me, a twin cam is a twin cam...

Old 01-10-2015, 10:18 AM
pbruce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I don't really care either way. I do go in there sometimes and post a little. I think it is comical that folks think the bikes are that much different though...Sure, there are some changes but most of the questions folks ask apply to both bikes. It's akin to having separate forums for the 07 and prior bikes. Then the 08s would have to have their own as a transition year...To me, a twin cam is a twin cam...
Agreed.....I have 2 touring bikes...1 is a Rushmore so sometimes it's nice to see a little segregation but who really cares

Old 01-10-2015, 10:20 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I like having it seperated for convenience.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:47 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink Do we really need a special section for "Rushmore" bikes

Do we really need a special section for "Rushmore" bikes

My Vote is Yes, wait what , that's crazy...

Rushmore bikes are light year different than 2006 - 2013 bikes they have hmmmmm what aaaaaaaa... lets see .. EFI , FBW , ooooooo wait they have Smog and 6.5" screen and some are water cooled..

Maybe a Water Cooled "Rushmore" bike section.. I can see that cause when they start leaking holly poop what could we say to help them, we only know air cooled

But then it seems as all fellow Harley Riders were telling the Rushmore folks they are soo much more different than our Harleys and they really need to stay away form anything we may have to talk about cause it will never happen to their bike..

Now that's Funny

Harley is a Harley - 2005 they just started to get more Wiring and Electronic stuff like the BMW , Honda etc. have had since 1990's

I say let the brothers back, their FBW will fail , they will have the same questions about well everything I had when I get my 2009 and freaked the heck out Vs my 2007 Model - well no not really

Last edited by trackadaptor; 01-10-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Do we really need a special section for "Rushmore" bikes?

My Vote is Yes, wait what? That's crazy...
Rushmore bikes are light years ahead of the 2006 - 2013 bikes right? Um, No... they have all the same basic stuff.

Maybe only a dedicated "Water Cooled Rushmore" bike section?
I can see that because, when they start leaking, holy poop what could we say to help them out? We only know air cooled bikes right? Not.

There was a time when there were too many Rushmore threads and people started taking pot shots at the new owners. So much so, the admins created the other site dedicated to their problems and discussion.
Alas, time has reveled that the same common problems occur across the board and it would be better to have all the data in the same place...

I say let the brothers back into the fold. Their TBW will fail just like ours, they will have the same questions about well everything - just like us - and it would be great to have the band back together again...

What do you think?
Mo-better now.

Last edited by lp; 01-10-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Special Thread for "Rushmore"