Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Aftermarket Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 09:13 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jus2anoyu
If money isnt an issue, I'd go with russell day long. They build the seat based on your seating position (you have to send them pictures) the last time I checked, it was gonna be about a grand, and I had to provide them with a seat to modify.
I had a problem riding over about an hour. Because of that, i bought an Ultimate seat....it was better than stock but i still had a problem. I bought a Mustang for my 2010 Ultra classic in hopes that it would be even better but my tailbone would still act up and my breaks became sooner and sooner. After i got my 2013 Limited, i decided to get a day-long by Russell. In my opinion, that was the best investment i made for my comfort and pleasure in riding. While not adding the miles that you do, it did enable me to ride 450 miles on a day ride, without any problem to upstate n.y. and back after spending a day visiting. I've got about 25000 miles on it and it is still as comfortable now as it has ever been. my rides are normally 100 miles or less but even before the day-long, i would hurt after about 60 minutes this literally allows you to ride from fill-up to fill-up. I splurged and got the leather and heated seat as i ride a little into the milder winter days. Would i buy one again.....in a heart beat. i just wish i had gotten it first then i wouldn't have spent the extra money on the other seats. as for positioning, it changes the position of your legs so your reach to the ground is different but the comfort, at least for me, is great. good luck.

Last edited by cass; 01-12-2015 at 09:17 AM.