Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Aftermarket Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Another ++ for MCC...been rid'n w/their double foam mod for 3-yrs and my a$$ thanks me every mile. Give them a call and see what will work for your needs.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:13 PM
TexasRoper
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have ridden horses all my life, spend several hours a day in the saddle 5 days a week, training, roping and legging up my son's calf roping horses. I have NEVER EVER sat on a soft saddle that I would give you 25 cents for.

Corbin saddles are the only motorcycle saddles that I have ever owned that I NEVER think about on all day rides. I have taken many long 2 to 3 week trips, 600 mile days and never have to think about my butt hurting. I have done 5 saddle sore 1000s on my BMWs all with Corbins. I have a duel touring and a solo for my 14 Limited.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:44 PM
weelbur2
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Russell Day-Long

ReadyT: Russell Day-Long has been mentioned several times within this thread, and I, for one, firmly believe they should be atop everyone's list researching for an aftermarket seat. Comparable in price to the "top" brands, Russell Day-Long builds a very comfortable, custom seat, using your existing seat pan.

Since we can ride year round here in Texas, I didn't want to send off my seat and lose valuable saddle time. Therefore, I searched for and located a police saddle (very inexpensive) the same year as mine on e-bay (a motorcycle salvage yard might work also); the seller sent it directly to Russell Day-Long. I kept riding!

55K+ pleasurable miles later, I wouldn't change a thing: Leather seat, vinyl sides, heavy duty suspension...comfy!

I've never heard or read any "bad press" concerning Russell Day-Long, although I have heard gripes about other brands.

Why do so many Iron Butt Riders swear by Russell Day-Long? Coincidence?

http://www.day-long.com/

Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by weelbur2
ReadyT: Russell Day-Long has been mentioned several times within this thread, and I, for one, firmly believe they should be atop everyone's list researching for an aftermarket seat. Comparable in price to the "top" brands, Russell Day-Long builds a very comfortable, custom seat, using your existing seat pan.

Since we can ride year round here in Texas, I didn't want to send off my seat and lose valuable saddle time. Therefore, I searched for and located a police saddle (very inexpensive) the same year as mine on e-bay (a motorcycle salvage yard might work also); the seller sent it directly to Russell Day-Long. I kept riding!

55K+ pleasurable miles later, I wouldn't change a thing: Leather seat, vinyl sides, heavy duty suspension...comfy!

I've never heard or read any "bad press" concerning Russell Day-Long, although I have heard gripes about other brands.

Why do so many Iron Butt Riders swear by Russell Day-Long? Coincidence?

http://www.day-long.com/
Likewise, there's no bad press about C&C Seats. The price is a whole lot better with C&C Seats. I have back injuries from the military and I love C&C Seats. Va Beach, VA to Pensacola, FL in one shot thanks to C&C Seats

The russel seats are huge and comfortable, so if you want to spend over a grand on a seat that you only put on for touring - go for it. if you want a seat that looks good and has long term comfort, go with C&C. At least there are great companies out there these days.

www.ccseats.com

Last edited by stupid_rope; 01-09-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Having run many brand aftermarket seats I like Corbin's the best for several reasons.

All day comfort (although they are firm), they only use leather to cover them, and the way that they lock to the bike.

I've done 750 mile days on varying brands and the Corbin with the drivers back rest was by far the most comfortable.

Just put one on my 2013. I need to get the drivers backrest for it now and I'll be ready for some iron butt action.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Readyt
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone,
Thanks for your input. Its a tough call.
I'm leaning towards the Corbin but my biggest complaint about the HD seat is the harsh impacts from potholes and road snakes. Will this be fixed by the Corbin?
My biggest fear of the Hammock is that the Hammock portion will get stretched and wear out after a few thousand miles. Lots of used ones for sale on ebay

Old 01-09-2015, 03:14 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Seems to be a lot of "pro" Corbin riders out there. Firm in my opinion is good.

I'm looking at their Classic Solo for my 2012 Ultra Classic...want a solo that I can add the rear pillion, backrest, or both. I do however require the seat to move me back about 2" as I'm very cramped with the stock seat. Down a bit wouldn't hurt. Any out there with experience with this seat that can confirm the seating position as it compares to stock? I've looked on the Corbin site and can't seem to find this info.

Thx!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Readyt
Everyone,
Thanks for your input. Its a tough call.
I'm leaning towards the Corbin but my biggest complaint about the HD seat is the harsh impacts from potholes and road snakes. Will this be fixed by the Corbin?
My biggest fear of the Hammock is that the Hammock portion will get stretched and wear out after a few thousand miles. Lots of used ones for sale on ebay
I would think this is due to the rear shocks, not the seat. Stock seats are usually pretty soft. A different seat may help or may make it worse. Address the actual issue.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Readyt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I would think this is due to the rear shocks, not the seat. Stock seats are usually pretty soft. A different seat may help or may make it worse. Address the actual issue.
So do the stock air shocks ...stink? or should I un the air higher? Currently 35 psi

Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Readyt
Advanced

I do think the stock seats are way to soft. All my other touring bikes were firm

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Seat