Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Aftermarket Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts

As others have stated, it's a personel thing, Ultimate seat was great, till i rode a whole day, both passenger and i couldnt wait to get off, sundowner was ok, never had a Corbin, but kept hearing they're C. S. sucks, went with a Mustang, and am pretty happy. soft on top, firmer on bottom, great C.S.. Hammock was good for me, till it seemed like it broke down in about 1,700 mi. So, Harley has demo's, Ultimate, and Mustang have 10 day trials. If you try any ,make sure you have set aside time to really put some miles on, Good luck

Old 01-08-2015, 08:49 AM
mouser58
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stock seat on the Road Glide bothers my legs.. Think it is too wide.. My Road King Classic seat, although would sink down putting my vision below the windshield top, after a 100 miles or so, was still more comfortable..

Old 01-08-2015, 11:38 AM
RCCola45
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
"Soft" is not a good thing when touring.

If you do a lot of miles, Corbin is the best out there, IMHO. Yes they are firm, but after 300 miles firm is still comfortable.

I can't stand a Mustang.

HD seats are too soft for distance. I've ridden most of their varieties. The Hammock would be the best of that bunch, with the Sundowner second.

I had a Saddlemen and really liked it. But it was when they still made leather seats.

And on that note, I will state I like leather seating surfaces. I won't wear vinyl boots either.

But seats are like women... you're not going to get a straight answer to your question about which is prettiest. Everyone has their opinion...

And that was mine.

I am in the market for new seat also and plan on getting Corbin Classic Solo ... can you tell me ... does it sit you down and back and if so ... how much do you think ... inch each ways? Timm

Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jus2anoyu
If money isnt an issue, I'd go with russell day long. They build the seat based on your seating position (you have to send them pictures) the last time I checked, it was gonna be about a grand, and I had to provide them with a seat to modify.
I also own a Limited and wanted to replace the stock seat. I did a lot of research and decided on the Russell day long saddle. I went to there factory and was impressed. When I went to order I was warned that I would be sitting approx. 1.5 inches higher and would need to learn how to slide forward at stops in order to put feet on the ground. They recommend having two saddles, the Russell for touring, another for local rides.

I then decided to demo a heated Hammock from my local HD dealer. I really liked it, a lot. Decided to purchase the CVO Limited heated Hammock through a online discounter for $951, delivered. My wife and I really like it. Looks real nice and rides real smooth. Heat was a must. The regular Hammock is also very nice, I simply wanted leather trim on my seat.

Time will tell on durability. I did check the CVO forum for feedback. Harley has been using Hammock seats for 4 or 5 years on the CVO touring bikestheeedback was positive, no one mentioned replacing the seat because it lost it's hammock suspension. They mentioned that the seat got better with time.

My last bike had the Corbin, it was too firm for me.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:13 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

www.ccseats.com best seats on the planet. let me know if you need a price

Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 PM
central joe
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like LePara and so does my butt and back. Not cheap, but after 20,000 miles still comfy. joe

Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 PM
DRJ1911
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Russell on a Moto Guzzi and for me it was the best seat I have ever had. They will raise you some but very comfortable. I needed a lower seat height on my new UC so the Russell was out of the question so I just got in the Q at Mean City Cycles. I sure hope it works out.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:19 PM
pbruce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
"Soft" is not a good thing when touring.

If you do a lot of miles, Corbin is the best out there, IMHO. Yes they are firm, but after 300 miles firm is still comfortable.

HD seats are too soft for distance. I've ridden most of their varieties. The Hammock would be the best of that bunch, with the Sundowner second.

But seats are like women... you're not going to get a straight answer to your question about which is prettiest. Everyone has their opinion...
This is spot on ^^^^^^^

I've had 5 Corbin seats now, a C&C, Mustang, Sundowner and factory RK, Dyna and SGS seats and Corbin is the absolute best (IMO) for long distance riding. They do take some getting used to but once you do you just won't like anything else

Last edited by pbruce; 01-09-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96roadking
Check out Mean City Cycles, they'll rework your seat to your specs. No personal experience but many people here love their work.
I've had two seats done my Mean City and can't speak highly enough about their work. Better chance you'll be happy having your stock seat modified to your liking than taking a chance on an expensive aftermarket seat.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:56 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,399 Likes on 22,397 Posts

Best is subjective.
Best would be to go to your dealer and try out several models when the weather is conducive to riding.
Your opinion is only one that matters.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Seat