Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homemade CD

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:35 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by FlamedFXR
Needs to be mp3 or if you want 100 or more songs on one cd burn it "data"
FYI, (and you may have already known this) regardless of whether it's 1 or more songs, ".mp3" is always a "data" file

Old 01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
strip the id3 tags and any artwork that is embedded. thats been known to futz with the hk system.
I don't think the head units like ID3 v2 tags. Add the v1.1 tag if it doesn't already exist in the mp3 then delete the v2 tag which should also take the artwork with it. This can easily be done with a good tag editor and doesn't take much time. The head unit will recognize the Artist name and also scrolls the song title once when the song starts.

Auto and stereo makers are very slow to implement new technology and even then do it poorly. I installed some of the first mp3 capable stereos in my cars when they first came out. They didn't like the ID3 v2 tags either.

Last edited by Sparkee...; 01-01-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Oh, my. . .

As stated before, make sure you create a "Music CD", and not a "Data CD", and the CD will play on ANY CD player.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:24 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Oh, my. . .

As stated before, make sure you create a "Music CD", and not a "Data CD", and the CD will play on ANY CD player.
nope, you got that backwards. if you create a 'music' cd, 'most' burning programs will convert the mp3s to cda files, only allowing you to put about 15 of them on a disk.

if you want a bazillion songs on a disk, you have to burn it as a data cd. and as stated above, make sure you strip the id tags and artwork and you'll not have a problem playing them.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:39 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Oh, my. . .

True! (Well, as long as the head unit recognizes "Burnt" CDs, but that's been a long time now)

if you create a 'music' cd, 'most' burning programs will convert the mp3s to cda files, only allowing you to put about 15 of them on a disk.

if you want a bazillion songs on a disk, you have to burn it as a data cd. and as stated above, make sure you strip the id tags and artwork and you'll not have a problem playing them.
and True!

...What are you guys arguing about

Old 01-03-2015, 03:07 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

nope, you got that backwards. if you create a 'music' cd, 'most' burning programs will convert the mp3s to cda files, only allowing you to put about 15 of them on a disk.
You're correct, but I wasn't backwards - I wasn't talking about putting tons of songs on a CD. I was talking about compatibility. Music CDs are universally compatible. Data CDs with mp3 files, not always the case.

if you want a bazillion songs on a disk, you have to burn it as a data cd.
True story.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:08 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

...What are you guys arguing about
LMFAO! Nothing at all!

Old 01-03-2015, 03:30 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I found the easiest method is to just download iTunes, it's free. Under preferences, import settings, ensure you change the import using to "MP3 Encoder" under the setting of "Higher Quality (192 kbps)".

ITunes will automatically import your music under these settings to your computer when you pop your disc into the computer. Then you can create your playlist and burn to your disc. Great thing is you'll get about 8.5 hours of music under these settings.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

OP: Burn as mp3 and only on 'data' discs and your troubles are over.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'll try again. They were burned as mp3s but they are only recognized by my computer. Have to try again as mp3 data files.

Quick Reply: Homemade CD