Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In response to old bikers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default In response to old bikers

Remember when you use to go the the harley shops to just hang out get coffee
meet friends, and thats where we found out about rides, repairs and accessories.
Now its Starbucks, the keyboard, and Internet Catalogs. Something is missing and
I thinks its me.
Saint

Old 04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In response to old bikers

Hell - ah STILL go ta the shop for that! Good group at mah dealership - everyone rides, and loves to talk 'bout it...

Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Still a common practice here.........but some of us miss the days of the smaller dealership with accessories on two walls: Big Twin and Sportster. Now its plasma screens everywhere you look, audio propaganda along with it, and loads of items superfluous to the motorcycle....bling-bling.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.........................

Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still that way here too, but I don't go to the dealer that much, I swear I keep it down to once a day [&:]

Old 04-16-2007, 12:03 PM
kfmorris
Road Captain

I still go down to the dealership here once in awhile on a Saturday and shoot the breeze.
Mind you it's spring time and things really get hopping in the AM.
Still see lots of familiar faces though.
I love the spring time at a dealership, it's like everyone is right into the bike thing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24659/EE5CBC811AA947519BAEE293813E9703.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24659/D0BCBFD3E0784FD499D3542DCF1A2F00.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Ours is still that way - however, to get to the coffee pot you have to walk through all the baby cloths and art work, lol

Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
74_ironhead
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: harley0711

Ours is still that way - however, to get to the coffee pot you have to walk through all the baby cloths and art work, lol
ours is right between the shop section and parts counter, that free cup of coffee costs me at least $100 everytime I walk back to get one

Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some dealerships have lost alot of soul and the brotherhood spirit. Case in point...I needed a part for my exhaust yesterday...called them at 2:45 told them i was on my way (they close at 3:00) and that I might be a minute or 2 late...I pull up in my truck and some yahoo jumps out and locks the front door as i was getting out of my truck. I walked up to the door and tapped on the glass and there were like 6 people staring at me. Not ONE of them said a word. Not "were closed" not "go away" nothing...its like they were trying to see if I would go away. They still had some customers in the store finishing up some purchases and one walked up to the front door and one empoyee looked at me like I was going to rob the store if he let the customer out. i yelled thru the door that I had called before I came down and that they were holding a part for me at the parts counter. They begrugingly let me in, finally. One of the employees started to stare me down a bit and I almost got in his face cause I was just a bit pissed at this point. I decided it wasnt in my best intrest to start a ruckus. So I made my way to the parts counter and they then told me that they part I needed they didnt have but i could pick one up at any autoparts store (it was the O2 sensor socket). Talk about all that for nothing! LOL I can tell you for sure that unless it is an emergency I will never go and buy anything at that dealership again if I can at all help it.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
texas tom
Tourer

Fort worth harley on west side has a covered area with big round tables and chairs that rock for all us old guys,yeah to get the free coffee they make you walk past things crows like...

Old 04-16-2007, 02:04 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't live near any single dealer. Like 25 miles in any direction. I know it's always nice to go for a ride, but I'd rather head someplace rather than the dealer. And I find most of the NY/NJ dealers are more interested in my $ than my butt hangin around.

Quick Reply: In response to old bikers