Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley XM Module Connection

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I realize there are tons of options for adding XM to our bikes. I wanted the integration to the factory radio. Looked at all the options and decided the module was the way to go for me.

We all have the subscription cost and the module won't get stolen if I walk away and don't remove it.

I have $150 in the set up.... That was my budget....

I am happy to have found a way to use the module without the extra wiring harness. I just wanted to pass that info on to anyone else who wants the module and doesn't use the CB. Always good to save a few bucks and I beleive this forum is here for us to help each other in whatever way possible.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:58 PM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinman265
I realize there are tons of options for adding XM to our bikes. I wanted the integration to the factory radio. Looked at all the options and decided the module was the way to go for me.

We all have the subscription cost and the module won't get stolen if I walk away and don't remove it.

I am happy to have found a way to use the module without the extra wiring harness. I just wanted to pass that info on to anyone else who wants the module and doesn't use the CB. Always good to save a few bucks and I beleive this forum is here for us to help each other in whatever way possible.
I was just replying to the post I quoted, asking about setups. I did understand the OP - and thanks for sharing that. It could save a lot of time and trouble to anyone wanting to add the module. Sorry for any confusion...

Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinman265

The purpose of me starting this thread was to inform people that you can get XM without the added cost of the additional harness that you find out about AFTER you lay out some serious coin for the module. This was never intended to start a debate over which XM is better or that the Harley XM sucks.......

We all know Harley is overpriced for the most part and choose to deal with it. But if there is a way to save a few bucks after the slap in the face of having to shell out even more after a minimal but rather costly upgrade then I am all for it.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:45 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGBOY57
been thinking about getting the xm module just haven't pulled the trigger. how does everybody like it and do you have to get a 1 year deal.

I have a 2009 Ultra Classic which had the XM module already on it when I bought the bike in 2012. I just called XM, gave them the code number for the radio, they set it up in 30 minutes, and BAM it worked like a charm. I get great reception so far regardless of where I am. I took a trip thru the Talimena drive in October and it worked well in the mountains and all the way getting there on the back roads. I love it. Have had it in my truck since 2008 and would be tough to do without it. I did get a one year subscription. I have a lifetime subscription in the truck when they still sold those. Now that was a deal for sure. $199 for a lifetime subscription. Wish they still offered that deal.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM
06BLKPRL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced the Harley Unit with an Aftermarket Bluetooth Sony Model that holds the iPod on the inside and I can stream Pandora from my cell phone to it with no Problem and no fees!