Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know who makes Harley,s leather jackets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:45 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 193 Likes on 170 Posts

Foxcreek has some good stuff, got a leather from them years ago, still looks almost new, well built, heavy, great C.S.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:44 PM
garsam
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many here (including myself) would agree with the phrase "God bless America". Some on here have said "who cares where it's from if you like it and it fits buy it". Have we forgotten that China is in fact COMMUNIST RED China. A country that does only and always what is best for the communist party. As for me, I Buy American when ever I can.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:48 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by garsam
Many here (including myself) would agree with the phrase "God bless America". Some on here have said "who cares where it's from if you like it and it fits buy it". Have we forgotten that China is in fact COMMUNIST RED China. A country that does only and always what is best for the communist party. As for me, I Buy American when ever I can.
I agree with buying American but when a smokin deal comes up on craigslist on a absolute top shelf FXRG jacket I could give a poo !!! SAVE ME DA MONEY !!

Old 12-28-2014, 09:01 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 17,061 Likes on 8,668 Posts

Originally Posted by garsam

Old 12-28-2014, 10:26 AM
99sfty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a HD jacket 11 years ago, been down in it once and it's still a great jacket. A seam on the sleeve by the hand was the only issue I have had and it stitched up easy. Lots of great coats out there, just which ever one fits you and your style best.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I don't buy HD branded gear except for an occasional tee shirt. Companies like Vanson and Hein Gericke make much better leathers.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:51 PM
pbruce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys make really good stuff.

http://www.leather.com/

It's made on site in the good ol' USofA and if you happen to be anywhere near there they have a great "Sale" department. They will make pretty much anything they make in everything from Soft Napa leather to Belting leather, Horsehide, deerskin.....you name it and they'll make it.

I started buying from them years ago for my aviation gear and like their stuff and think the prices are pretty fair!

Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pbruce
These guys make really good stuff.

http://www.leather.com/

It's made on site in the good ol' USofA and if you happen to be anywhere near there they have a great "Sale" department. They will make pretty much anything they make in everything from Soft Napa leather to Belting leather, Horsehide, deerskin.....you name it and they'll make it.

I started buying from them years ago for my aviation gear and like their stuff and think the prices are pretty fair!
look closer - most of that stuff is imported

Old 12-28-2014, 01:14 PM
dmg1029
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's one I picked up at a yard sale for $100.

Got home and looked at the inside tag, Harley alright, but made in China. No surprise I guess.

As mentioned above, Harley leather jackets are made in Chine. Not sure when they were last manufactured in the states? I believe the boots are as well. OH, I will mention the quality looks to be great. And it has a liner. I still wish it was made in USA. argh

Last edited by dmg1029; 12-28-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:15 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts

I don't care where it was made; I want this jacket...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...leather-jacket

Awesome...

Quick Reply: Does anybody know who makes Harley,s leather jackets?