Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rental In Italy

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Runner58
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rental In Italy

We are planning a trip to Italy in the spring. What a great day yesterday when my wife asked to rent a Harley for a day in Tuscany. Going to rent from a shop in Florence/Firenze. Anybody have experience riding in this area...anything I need to watch out for?

Old 12-24-2014, 05:06 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds a brilliant idea! I haven't ridden in Italy, although I have ridden through many of the countries around it. Any Mediterranean city is going to be a pretty frenetic place, as far as traffic is concerned, so you are likely to have a new and challenging experience! Hopefully someone with firsthand experience will call by soon.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 AM
nj08SEUltra
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

I have driven (not ridden) twice in Italy, including Tuscany. It is beautiful. The best part, drivers keep right on multi lane roads except to pass - wish we saw more of that here. Keep us posted on your adventure. BTW some villages have very narrow streets and limited parking so the bike may carry an added benefit.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:28 AM
pbruce
Cruiser

We drove into Northern Italy from Monaco for a day trip and then up through northern Italy into Switzerland and the roads in Italy are generally pretty good and as previously stated the drivers maintain good lane discipline as is the case in most of the EU and especially Germany!

Enjoy yourself and the memories that you will have for years to come

Old 12-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 976 Posts

You lucky dog!

Old 12-24-2014, 08:06 AM
sacchino
Advanced
Default From italy

I'm italian anything u need to ask just send me a pm no problem

Old 12-24-2014, 08:41 AM
PunkJunky
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've driven around the northern parts of Italy, I would say DEFINITELY learn how to navigate traffic circles. Where I was, almost every other intersection was a traffic circle and they take a bit to get used to.

Might be worth it to check out the Harley Authorized Tours. They have one that does tuscany with a tour guide. Don't know if that is your thing or not just thought I would throw it out there.

http://authorizedtours.harley-davids...our/tourId/937

Old 12-24-2014, 08:48 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by PunkJunky
I've driven around the northern parts of Italy, I would say DEFINITELY learn how to navigate traffic circles. Where I was, almost every other intersection was a traffic circle and they take a bit to get used to.
We call them roundabouts! Visiting Sedona in August the place was full of them! So coming to a junction near you in the near future.....

Old 12-24-2014, 08:59 AM
pbruce
Cruiser

Not to be a downer but one thing that I am most dissapointed in is HOG dropping the Fly-N-Ride program globally. It was an awesome benefit and the only good reason I maintained membership. I remember the Fly-N-Ride program was $600 a week with unlimited miles and E100 a day in Europe and there was always a new Ultra Classic waiting when you arrived........Thanks a lot HOG

Last edited by pbruce; 12-24-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:17 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd make sure you brush up on international road signs and right of ways....they can be somewhat different than what they are here in the states.

Quick Reply: Rental In Italy