Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Works shocks on order, big $

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Works shocks on order, big $

I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Works shocks the other day. Came to about $550 with the hdforum discount they offer. I hope they live up to the hype I've read. I haven't seen anything bad said about them so I'm sure they will though.

I was kicking around the idea of buying them and then putting my stock SG shocks up on ebay. Fried of a friend ofa friend heard this and was calling me to buy them for his RK, offered me 150 for them. All in all the shocks will run me 400 which isn't much more than the Progressives I was thinking about.

Should have them in about2 weeks I was told then I'll be able to post some results.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
roady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: The Works shocks on order, big $

Yes I am interested in hearing more about them.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

Which ones did you order? I bought 12"Street Trackers for my Ultra. They were a little stiff when I got em. The forlks at Works recommended that I back off on the pre-load adjustment a couple of turns. That was the perfect adjustment. They are so smooth now. Even my wife mentioned how smooth the ride was (never told her about purchase). Sold my 440s on ebay, so I didn't really have that much more in them.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
turbo38sfi
Road Master

I went with the 12" ARS/DRS Steel Trackers.

How do these compare to your Progressives? Curious since I almost went that route.

Do you also switch the lever when riding solo vs. 2 up and does that make a noticable difference?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

Yes, very interested in these Works Shocks. What length did you go with? And what's this lever for 2 up?
Jerry

Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And what's this lever for 2 up?
The Works have two springs. One has a lower rate than the other. When you add weight to your ride you have a choice to set the lever to one of four positions. This determines the point at which the softer spring is bypassed to stiffen up the ride.(from full stiff, to full soft) This way you don't have to mess with the pre-load wheel all the time like on the 440s.

CN

Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Check them out at http://www.worksperformance.com/html/home.html I had them on a suzuki I used to have. Great performace...

Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered some ,should be here in about a week or so. I ordered 12" shocks and they said they wouldn't bottom out on me. After that I want to ride about 75 miles down the road to traxxion and get them to redo the forks. I'm gonna have them set-up 1" lower, according to their website our forks are so soft is a big part of the reason we scrape our boards on tight corners because of the forks compressing with us just setting on them and then the added the pressure of cornering. I feel that they could be an inch shorter because they're not supposed to have the setteling the stock forks have.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

And what's this lever for 2 up?
The Works have two springs. One has a lower rate than the other. When you add weight to your ride you have a choice to set the lever to one of four positions. This determines the point at which the softer spring is bypassed to stiffen up the ride.(from full stiff, to full soft) This way you don't have to mess with the pre-load wheel all the time like on the 440s.

CN
Thanks, CN, had no idea that Works had this feature. Gonna call them this week.
Jerry

Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Ijust started using a set of Proggressive 416'S on one of my RK,so far so good.Will be looking forward to hearing from you about yours.We have way too many potholes and bad roads around here.

Quick Reply: The Works shocks on order, big $