Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
JayLo
Cruiser

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers

Hello everyone

I'm in need of purchasing a trailer that can host my 07 RK. Would love to have an enclosed trailer, but because of space issues (not to mention neighborhood does not allow it) I have to go another route.

Been looking at the Kendon Fold-up/Stand up motorcycle trailer cause of ease of storage.
I know they are bit pricey, but i'm just curious if anyone can chime in on the quality of this trailer and performance while on the road.

Thanks in advance

JayLo

Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers

howdee jaylo

there are some good threads on these types of trailors. mostly opinions like mine. Ive thought about the same reasons you stated and using it as an emergancy only trailor. most people are weiry of there stability and even thow I have not used them "ditto". If the day comes that a trailer is neccessary I would think about renting a truck and puchasing/renting the hardware to secure it in that truck? good luck

Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

KENDON is a GREAT TRAILER and stores well in your garage provided you don't install there ft storage box - Pulls like a dream and easy single person load - Have had one (Dual) for years - but damn I like ridin better then puttin my putt on a trailer - However do pull it behind the Motorhome on Family Vacations once in awhile... Only Down side: NOT ENCLOSED...

Old 04-16-2007, 03:26 AM
rrockefe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a single and it does the job very nicely if you have limited storage space, like I do. Hauled cross country AZ-NY (snowbird) 3 times, no problem. Don't even know it's there, at most speeds. No problem with power'd ride on and coast back off with a LowRider. Not so comfy with an Ultra. Your feet don't touch all the way. Looking for a better way to load, myself. If there is no bike power, loading would be a major problem. They make a power winch set-up now. Not cheap and still doesn't fix feet not touching. However, with power winch maybe a walk-up situation would work, giving you better balance capability.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I looked at a lot of trailers before I bought my Aluma open single bike trailer. I really liked the quality and concept of the Kendon, but couldn't get comfortable with the loading procedure. I want to be able to ride my bike up on the trailer, but that was a scary proposition with the Kendon. Walking along the side of the bike under power to load it was even worse. So I ended up with a more conventional flat deck trailer with a wide and low ramp. I installed a Condor brace up front and feel like I have a good setup for about the same price as the Kendon.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
rtrostiii
Cruiser

I have owned a Kendon Single and then a dual (when my wife got her bike) and have been a happy customer for 4+ years. I purchased the optional stone guard and the tongue stand, and have no complaints other than the placement of the licence plate. If I don't bend it back, it will catch on the lowers of my ultra if loading on the driver's side.

If space is a consideration, it's the one to get, but as previously mentioned, it is NOT enclosed.

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They are nice trailers, but not worth the $$ in my opinion. A 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight will do the job for hauling one bike. One strong guy or a couple of weak dudes can easily stand on up on it's end for storage.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ihad a two bike kendon before purchasing an enclosed one. Was a great trailer. Put probably 10,000 miles on it. Had a blow out going 80 mph hauling an Ultra and a Heritage.No problem at all. Would highly recommend them.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
jjsanta
Tourer

Kendon is a good option if you only use it occasionally and want to store it in the garage. I've had their single rail trailer for about 6 years with no problems. The newer models come with a wheel chock system that really helps when loading a bike alone. The quality is excellent.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
JayLo
Cruiser

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the input everyone

JayLo

Quick Reply: Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers