Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
stewaps
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kendon (Fold/Stand-up) trailers

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

I looked at a lot of trailers before I bought my Aluma open single bike trailer. I really liked the quality and concept of the Kendon, but couldn't get comfortable with the loading procedure. I want to be able to ride my bike up on the trailer, but that was a scary proposition with the Kendon. Walking along the side of the bike under power to load it was even worse. So I ended up with a more conventional flat deck trailer with a wide and low ramp. I installed a Condor brace up front and feel like I have a good setup for about the same price as the Kendon.

Where does one purchase such a trailer?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ummm. Surprised no one has said this. But a rk is a touring bike. Ride the darn thing..lol. I actually bought my bike and a week later bought a used f150 to load it up on, if I ever need to haul it anywhere. Which may be the case if I ever make it to Sturgis. The old lady can't make a 300 mi ride yet, and she wont let me go alone.

My brother in law just bought a fold up trailor for $500 ( I forget the name), he had to assemble it himself, but looks awsome. Folds right up in the garage with room for his wifes pontiac grand prix in front of it, and that car is really long.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Stewaps - here's the link for the Aluma trailers; they have a Dealer Search function on their site.

Aluma Trailers

Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Pacemaker
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a two place Kendon trailer. When I bought the trailer I call Kendon and ask them what the bearing, race and sealsizes are for the trailer, they gave me the numbers,and they match the same numbers for my boat trailer. I always bring an extrabearing kit, you just never know. My son and I went on a trip and put a total of 2400 miles on the trailer.Five months later we were get ready to go to Sturgies, so I started to grease the axlebearings through the E-Z lube. When I was putting the grease in the bearings, I couldn't believe how much grease was going in this one wheel . I knew some thing was wrong, since myboathad a tandem axle trailer, and I did all my own work on the wheels. So, I removed the opposite wheel, thatI didn't grease yet. I wassurprise to see very little grease if any. Ididn't have any time to take the trailer back to the dealer, becausewe were leaving the next morning. I had to replace all the bearing, race, and seals as I was replacing them I notice that Kendon gave me the wrong sizes. I had to run outto get the right bearing sets, and made it to the store just in time before they closed.

Outside of that, it's a good trail.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
snoopy
Advanced

Don't waist your money on one for a large bike. I had one for a road king . Never used it .

Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: jjsanta

Kendon is a good option if you only use it occasionally and want to store it in the garage. I've had their single rail trailer for about 6 years with no problems. The newer models come with a wheel chock system that really helps when loading a bike alone. The quality is excellent.
I agree - I have had a kendon now for 8 years... I have used it to carry a bike to AZ and WA - I live in Central CA - Ride most of the time - but there have been times the Kendon had to be used... If you are short on Storage the Kendon is the trick - I am 5'6" and wife is 5'2" and we load a FLHTCI with NO problems - I would Never power a bike on the Kendon - asking for problems...

We pull ours with a 96 Toyota Avalon and it pulls very nice - would prefer a enclosed one but like you, No storage.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

I have one of these:
http://www.phoenix-trailers.com/prod...lum/index.html

Loads very easily and safely with one person.
Pulls easy, barely knew it and the Road King were behind the truck for a 1300 mile trip last year.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Cristen
Intermediate

We bought a used 2007 Kendon single trailer a few months ago. The little nubs on the tires are still there soit wasn't used much. We paid $1600 which is better than $2100-2200, the retail on a new single trailer. It's fold up nicely and takes up minimal room in our garage. These trailers are expenseive for an open trailer, but they are top quality. The loading ramp is very low to the ground, so it should be easy for most people. It also has a nice wheel chock.

If you don't mind paying around $2k, I say go for it. We are very happy with ours!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a Kendon 2-place for 7 years. Don't use it much since getting the Ultra; however, used it a LOT before. I have never had any problems with mine. Tows very well. Loads easily... even with the Ultra. I'm 5'8" and the power ride on is intimidating the first time or two... but, no problems -- ever.

My ONLY complaint was the license plate, as mentioned. Damn thing was ALWAYS in my way! In fact, it eventually broke off. I had to get a replacement plate from the MVA and when I installed it, I put it on the back of the storage box. No problem with that plate ever since!

Old 04-24-2008, 11:26 AM
DvlDog
Intermediate

I have a Kendon dual and am very happy with it. I would not however, pay full price. I watched Craigslist for about 6 months and came accross a late model for half the price of a new one. Good luck