Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision Quick Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 PM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Power Vision Quick Tune Question

I should start this out by saying I've looked thru the sticky in the Tuner section but was not able to find an answer.

I have been working with my Power Vision (Basic version) and the map I got from FuelMoto for about a week.

The original map I got from Jamie was very good, but I had a great deal of deceleration popping.

I have tried running several auto tune runs, and this popping has been greatly diminished

I think my next step is to experiment with the fuel setting using the QuickTune app

I have watched the u-tube videos put out by Dynojet that shows how to use QuickTune and it looks like when you have set the values you want, hitting the "Save" button flashes the ECM

This leads to my question
-- If I want to keep the QuickTune changes, how do I save that tune as a custom tune?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:34 PM
vbx07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once you make the quick tune changes it become part of the tune your using at that time therefore making it a custom tune on the custom tune you are using. Whatever slot that tune is in will be your tune for that slot.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Pm Sent

Old 12-12-2014, 11:40 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by semiret
I should start this out by saying I've looked thru the sticky in the Tuner section but was not able to find an answer.

I have been working with my Power Vision (Basic version) and the map I got from FuelMoto for about a week.

The original map I got from Jamie was very good, but I had a great deal of deceleration popping.

I have tried running several auto tune runs, and this popping has been greatly diminished

I think my next step is to experiment with the fuel setting using the QuickTune app

I have watched the u-tube videos put out by Dynojet that shows how to use QuickTune and it looks like when you have set the values you want, hitting the "Save" button flashes the ECM

This leads to my question
-- If I want to keep the QuickTune changes, how do I save that tune as a custom tune?
To save your Quick Tune modified map you will go to Program Vehicle>Load Copy>Copy of Current and choose the appropriate map in the tune manager to save it to.

If you are getting some decel popping with your map you are also welcome to send a request to the Fuel Map form on our website, be sure to attach your auto tuned map. We are more than happy to make some adjustments and tune this out for you. If you need any assistance all channels are open

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-13-2014, 07:09 AM
jester0618
Road Captain

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
To save your Quick Tune modified map you will go to Program Vehicle>Load Copy>Copy of Current and choose the appropriate map in the tune manager to save it to.

If you are getting some decel popping with your map you are also welcome to send a request to the Fuel Map form on our website, be sure to attach your auto tuned map. We are more than happy to make some adjustments and tune this out for you. If you need any assistance all channels are open

Same happened to me. Within a day, had an updated tune. Decel pop gone.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 PM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
My initial goal was to get a good understanding of how to tune a bike.
However, I would also like to have a good running bike.
You experience and knowledge exceeds anything I can hope to get, so the map is on it's way to FuelMoto.

Thank you all for your comments and messages