Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:47 PM
2007fxstc
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I bolted an HF chock on it and that holds it up as I get off. Just keep your feet on the edges of the table, been doing it over 6 yrs and the lift has never failed me.

As to the low position until the chock I will let yah know when I get home, if no one else let's you know. I keep my bike on it cuz it's lot of footprint not to use in a small place.

Last edited by 2007fxstc; 12-07-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:29 PM
2007fxstc
Tourer

Ok so the highest point is 7 3/8".

Old 12-08-2014, 08:47 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,695 Likes on 1,368 Posts

The feature I like best about HF, when I am done, I pop it up against the wall.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My dad & I both use this lift for our Street Glides. We've had no issues. We did do a modification to the existing wheel chock (shown in pics). We used 2X10's, cut them down to clear the rear of the front fender and to clear the rotors. We did have to cut the "L" bracket and move it backwards a little. The L bracket is in a A shape to hold the moveable bracket on the chock in place. We too added the front u-bolts to strap the bike down when needed.

With the 2X10's in place we can drive the bike onto the lift and into the chock, get off of the bike a tighten it down without issue. When we remove the bike we just loosen the chock up enough to slide the wheel out and when we return it's a tight enough fir to hold the bike up while we tighten the chock back up. We load and unload the bike from the lift solo without assistance.

As far as the lift goes, you just need to make sure the bike is fairly centered on the lift so the weight doesn't shift when you start to lift the bike. We've had no issues mechanically with the lift. I got mine for $300.00 on sale about a year and a half ago with a coupon from one of the motorcycle magazines. Dad's had his lift for maybe 3-4 years or so.

You can move the bike around while it's on the lift. I put the lift all the way down if I need to move it with the bike on it. I have moved the lift forward/backwards with the bike up in the air without issue but I normally just lower the lift to move it.

It's really nice for maintenance and cleaning. We are getting a MC jack very soon for removing the wheels (when needed) as it's difficult on this lift.

All & all, no complaints (for the money) you can't really beat it IMO.

Have a nice one,
Shane

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Lift-20141208_110128.jpg   Harbor Freight Lift-20141208_110116.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 01:28 PM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

I picked mine up last night. One day sale. My coupon was for 299.00. Told the wife it would make a great Christmas gift. She said ok, yeah now I have a lift. Gonna need to put the sides on it so I have someplace to sit my Bourbon!!!

Old 12-08-2014, 01:42 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,695 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraSteveUSAF
I picked mine up last night. One day sale. My coupon was for 299.00. Told the wife it would make a great Christmas gift. She said ok, yeah now I have a lift. Gonna need to put the sides on it so I have someplace to sit my Bourbon!!!
1. You may add extra tie downs. I did and many do.
2. I added 2 x 6 boards to the stock wheel chock. It helps, but I store mine vertically so I live with the stock wheel chock.
3. I use a "Black jack" scissor jack under the bike. You will find one of these very handy. There are different brands, but they all work the same. It sits under the frame and stabilizes the bike or you can lift the rear wheel or lift the front wheel. For me, it makes either the Handy lift I used to have or the HF Lift I use today and practical and flexible tool. It is the number one accessory I'd buy for a table lift.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:26 PM
2007fxstc
Tourer

They make side extentions for it?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:38 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I spent a little money and got a wheeldock chock for mine, it makes it easy to ride up and ride off of it, I grabbed 6 4x4's from some skids at work and lay them next to the bike for when I ride up and off the lift for piece of mind since I am vertically challenged. I have the black HF chock and had a real hard time pulling my RGU off of it, my low rider was no problem.

They don't make extensions for it, they used to years ago.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
That bar looks kinda cheesy. This the one that came with my HF lift.

Yes. Here in Canada they are sold by Princess Auto. That is the same bar I had with 2 of mine. Had the foot pump style and then the air/hydraulic version. Both worked perfect. Had to change to a much more expensive model so I could lift the wife's trike which weighs more. Sure is nice having those extensions to put your feet on when you load the bike.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:14 PM
bryanklay
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the removable side boards that i made is shown below. i am sorry i am still learning how to post pictures

i inch box tubing with welded brackets screwed to board

brackets attached to table and boards

i made four brackets for each side

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Lift