Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:38 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Safety bar on my HF lift, 800lb Kawasaki on the lift (see it flex). Had I kept it (didn't have room) I was looking for a piece of drill rod to replace it. Something to think about if your putting a full dresser on the lift. I used mine hundreds of times with bikes of less weight.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:09 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, Ken, that bent black rod doesn't look like the one Harbor provides. Here's mine (with the bike on top)

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Lift-z.jpg  

Last edited by SeaZund; 12-05-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:15 PM
DXHD $100
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
That bar looks kinda cheesy. This the one that came with my HF lift.

I know that the problem when I discuss it with the store last year they told me that is what came with them now so I returned it quickly.
Later another member here showed me the same bar you have which you are correct it is a much better bar.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:41 PM
bryanklay
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought my table lift the first of November and did a lot of modifications to the lift. i added what i call wings which are made out of 2x8 boards that can be removed from the table. added extra tie down hooks, added the hf front tire lock because the front wheel lock that came with this table i believe is junk. i changed out the pivot bushings to a larger diameter.then added a extension to the back of the table that i am able to install and remove which allows me to place a jack stand under the back of the motorcycle which allows me to stabilize the motorcycle when it is raised off of the table. i bought a 1100 LB Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack from Amazon. i also drilled out some extra holes to allow the table to be locked in to different positions. so far the modifications that i have made have been very helpful and wise.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,684 Likes on 1,362 Posts

I purchased mine 9 or 10 years ago. I have the solid bar and it holds an Ultra no problem. Wheel chock is cheesy, but my bike is strapped so I do not worry. I bought mine for $ 189 on sale. I keep the HF wheel chock as I flip the entire lift up against the wall when not using it. I did drill holes and add different tie downs. I had a Handy before, great table lift, but in that life I had a three car garage. It was no problem to leave it up. No, space is more valuable so the HF works great for me. If I had to buy another lift and I still had this size garage, I'd buy another in a minute, but I'd wait for their 25% off coupon. If you need a locking wheel chock, the HF ain't bad, especially if you plan to leave your table up all the time. Still a bargain at today's sale price. I got mine when there was just one HF in the area, 30 miles away. Now, they are like Starbucks!

Old 12-05-2014, 10:34 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

does HF offer a different wheel lock than the one that comes with their table?

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight Lift-hf-chock.jpg  
Old 12-06-2014, 05:02 AM
nick4737
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaZund
does HF offer a different wheel lock than the one that comes with their table?
yes...i 2 of the self locking ones in the trailer they work great if you are by yourself..the hf part number is 60392

Old 12-06-2014, 09:15 AM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my only complaint, was that it took up too much space. It held the bikes well and stable. I put a bike (wife's) on it for storing but then she was not able to just go for a ride when she wanted. So I have opted for a jack instead.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could the deck be added to use with a trike

Old 12-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LKHA
Could the deck be added to use with a trike
No way I would put a trike on one...