Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with passenger comfort, Corbin

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014 | 04:26 PM
TexasRoper
|
Cruiser
Default Need help with passenger comfort, Corbin

Ultra Limited

I'm planning on getting a solo Corbin, and the Touring Pillion. I have 2 corbin backrests from previous saddles. I plan to ride with solo and clean fender when by myself. I will use corbin and touring pillion with backrests with GF on day rides. More than a day plan, HOPE to use Corbins and T/P.

I hope she finds Corbin as comfortable as the stock, and nice if she likes it better. I will hate to have to make the call of my comfort vrs hers on a long trip. I have had more Corbin saddles than and I can remember and they WORK for me.

My GF is about 5'2 110. She LOVES the stock seat. I HATE it. It is very important to me that she is as comfortable as possible. She is a real trooper but she can't go nearly as long as me and we like to cover a lot of miles to get out of the Texas heat.

Before I pull the trigger, I'd like some feedback on how your passenger likes the corbin "touring" pillion , not the touring one piece saddle that has a larger pillion.

thanks

Old 11-29-2014 | 05:33 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

As an experienced Corbin Solo rider I will let you know I loved the Corbin solo. However, Wife did not like the large p-pad. To Make her happy I got the Corbin Touring seat. Now she like the seat but I hate it.

The back rests for the Corbin's are a pain to tune in. On the Solo I had to disassemble the back rest and and take the shaft to a sheet metal shop and have it bent to get it forward enough to make it useful. The touring set isn't much better. You have to play with different bolts and washer to get it tuned in.

I can go about 2 hours before I have to get off the seat. Made a 5 hour trip today and have to take a stretch for 15 min after 2 hours of riding. I could go all day in the solo.

My wife is taller 5,10 and a 135 pounds

Old 11-29-2014 | 10:05 PM
jrrarr
Advanced

I bought a used RKC in 2013 with the two piece Corbin setup you describe. The Corbin pillion is small compared to the Ultra stock seat. It's more on par with the stock RKC saddle which is too narrow for my wife, she is 5'8" and 140. The Corbin was beautifully sculpted but we ride two up 95% of the time and it had to go. We've kept track when we rented or tried other rides and found that 15" wide and thoughtfully constructed are the secrets for her comfort. We have a Harley Hammock now. Rented a 2014 Limited last spring in Vegas for a day and she thought that seat was even better.

Old 11-30-2014 | 08:49 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

Have a Corbin dual-tour on the glide. I love it GF HATES it. She also liked the stock seat. I bought a rider only hammock seat. She has her stock seat and I have something better than stock. She rides her own bike now so the Corbin's back on the bike. I've never met a women yet that likes a Corbin. They are just to hard for them. They like soft cushy seats. Like a mustang. I wonder if a Mustang passenger pillion would fit behind a Corbin solo seat?