Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today's Bitch!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:17 AM
nickkuwait
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Today's Bitch!!!!

Welcome from Kuwait-now I vow I will never ride or get caught in the rain again!!
Here in Kuwait-it just rains dirt and pollution!!
Sooo-spent last 3 evenings cleaning my brand new Road King Classic with 267 miles on it!!!
However-won't be riding it for a while again until the dealer here sorts my problem out.
Bike is running like "****" as the mixture is so weak-like white plugs.
Contacted them 4 times-as getting Screamin Eagle pipes-ECU upgrade & air filter to Stage 1.
So during buying process-they could not stop calling me-now they don't give a crap about me not wanting to ride.
9 days on and I still await a phone call-"yes sir-we promise to get back to you ****"!!!
Meanwhile-I keep polishing!!!
Ride hard & be safe guy's & gals
Bitch over with!!!

Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

you cannot judge mixture by plugs- that went away with points and carbs.

really the mixtures today are so precise- and gasoline additive packages have detergents and Domestically often ethanol...staring at a plug, you might as well get a crystal ball.

mixtures can be evaluated in real time with a voltmeter on the o2 sensor- that takes some background knowledge.

and it sounds like you are in the hands of the dealer you have chosen to attempt tuning or performance work on your ride.

after you wash, wax the bike. s100 works well, but any of them will-- nufinish can be good for those of us in warm climates as it will dry and haze over when warm.

get one of those california car duster wax mops- they work great for desert dust and grit

throw an old bed sheet over it when parked at home

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 11-25-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:45 AM
nickkuwait
5th Gear

Originally Posted by nickkuwait
Welcome from Kuwait-now I vow I will never ride or get caught in the rain again!!
Here in Kuwait-it just rains dirt and pollution!!
Sooo-spent last 3 evenings cleaning my brand new Road King Classic with 267 miles on it!!!
However-won't be riding it for a while again until the dealer here sorts my problem out.
Bike is running like "****" as the mixture is so weak-like white plugs.
Contacted them 4 times-as getting Screamin Eagle pipes-ECU upgrade & air filter to Stage 1.
So during buying process-they could not stop calling me-now they don't give a crap about me not wanting to ride.
9 days on and I still await a phone call-"yes sir-we promise to get back to you ****"!!!
Meanwhile-I keep polishing!!!
Ride hard & be safe guy's & gals
Bitch over with!!!
Thanks for your reply!!!
I guess I am "oll school" and thought the plugs would still tell me anything I needed to know regarding the condition of the engine:- i.e light brown-good condition good mixture etc-sooty plug-too rich etc etc
I know with all computurised mixture control/injectors things are different-but I thought plug colours still told the same story!
Ok-you live & learn-but bike still runs crap!!!

Last edited by nickkuwait; 11-25-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 980 Posts

You can still read plugs but you have to look down inside the threads at the insulator with a magnifying glass:
Remove the spark plug and examine the INSULATOR (the porcelain) color. White is lean and black is rich. Best color is a tan to grayish-white. White means main jet is too small (lean) and black means main jet is too big (rich).
Use common sense and don't do this if it is unsafe.
The plug shown in the middle is the correct color

The correct location to read the plug depends on what throttle range is being checked.

Shown below, unleaded fuel leaves a light tan near the bottom of the insulator to indicate the A/F ratio.

Unleaded fuel and ethanol fuels like E85 make reading plugs a bit more difficult because they burn cleaner and leave fewer deposits on the plug. Confirming readings with a wide-band oxygen sensor and/or quarter mile times is a good idea.

Last edited by Joe12RK; 11-25-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 AM
Herksuper
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check for exhaust/intake leaks. Maybe something as simple as a re-torque of the header bolts. Greetings from AASAB by the way.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:30 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

From the title I thought this was thread about contemporary women, Ha. Anyway forget trying to read plugs in an EFI, hook up to an O2 sniffer if you want to know your tune condition. Your environmental situation isn't the greatest for your bikes finish, might as well accept it now and start enjoying the ride.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:47 AM
nickkuwait
5th Gear
Default Thanks for info

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
You can still read plugs but you have to look down inside the threads at the insulator with a magnifying glass:
Remove the spark plug and examine the INSULATOR (the porcelain) color. White is lean and black is rich. Best color is a tan to grayish-white. White means main jet is too small (lean) and black means main jet is too big (rich).
Use common sense and don't do this if it is unsafe.
The plug shown in the middle is the correct color

The correct location to read the plug depends on what throttle range is being checked.

Shown below, unleaded fuel leaves a light tan near the bottom of the insulator to indicate the A/F ratio.

Unleaded fuel and ethanol fuels like E85 make reading plugs a bit more difficult because they burn cleaner and leave fewer deposits on the plug. Confirming readings with a wide-band oxygen sensor and/or quarter mile times is a good idea.
Thanks so much for the photo,s and information

Old 11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
nickkuwait
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Herksuper
Check for exhaust/intake leaks. Maybe something as simple as a re-torque of the header bolts. Greetings from AASAB by the way.
Well when the "good oll dealer" finally decides to call back-i will get it rigged up on sensors to see,
No leaks I can tell.
Greetings back!!

Old 11-25-2014, 12:07 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Where the heck do you ride in Kuwait and what is the "Rain" you speak of? lol
That place is so-very-not-so-great, no offense...

I was there for MRAP stuff for a good bit. Was glad to get out of there even though I stayed at the Hilton which was pretty nice. Good AC.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:08 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
From the title I thought this was thread about contemporary women,

I was thinking maybe there was going to be a picture

Quick Reply: Today's Bitch!!!!