Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Road Glide owners here ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005 | 08:59 PM
05FXD
|
Road Captain
Default Any Road Glide owners here ??

What's the deal with the road glide model ? I hear so many people don't like them cause of the sharknose or Darth Vader looking fairing ,and twin headlights. I don't see too many of them on the road . I really like the look of the bike,kind of seperates it from the other touring bikes. I've heard a few riders say it's Harley best kept secret among touring bikes,the best ridding one . I'd love to demo rode one ,but don't wanna drool over another bike I can't afford if it's really that good of a ride. Just curious what some ridders here say about them .

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:07 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Any Road Glide owners here ??

Walt,

I had many batwing fairing Harleys prior to buying my 2000 Screamin Eagle. I love the way it handles and I love the way it looks. I actually one the first "Ride Of The Month" contest. I've done quite a lot of work on it.

Terry

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:49 PM
baggerman
Cruiser

Walt,
I had an 02 Road Glide. It was one of the best handling bikes with a fairing I've been on. I ultimately went back to the Bat Wing for styling over function. You can't go wrong if the styling is what you're looking for.

[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 09-12-2005 | 09:52 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

I had a nice little softail till I found a good deal one a used Road Glide I think the ride is great and now I don't worry about the girlfriend falling off the back![8D] I've added a tourpack with rear speakers(I don't think all roadglides have this option) and plan to add more. The only bike I can see me trading up to would be a new roadglide!

Old 09-12-2005 | 11:53 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

I was looking around for a touring bike that would be comfortable for my wife and rented, among some other models, a Road Glide. I fell in love with it and so did my wife. Feels real solid on the road and handles the twisties with ease. I traded in my Dyna Low Rider the very same day I turned in my rental; I would have bought the rental if they would have sold it to me. They had only one unsold RG that was in the pipeline for delivery late August so I snapped it up. It was either that or wait until October/November for delivery. I've had it 3 weeks now and have put almost 2000 miles on it so far. I don't have to stop every 30-40 minutes for Kat to streach her legs like I did on the Dyna. It does take a little getting used to around town in traffic if you have not ridden a heavy bike before. All things considred it's a killer long distance ride, especially two-up.

Old 09-13-2005 | 12:43 AM
ericdata
Novice

I describe mine as a Cadillac.
Smoothest ride on 2 wheels.

Old 09-13-2005 | 09:01 AM
kar
Advanced

Love my 05 Road Glide. I favor a fixed fairing over a fork mounted windshield or batwing fairing. Less buffeting on the hwy. Bike rides and handles great. I just wish it came with all the other goodies that the Ultra has. I wouldn't trade it for any other Harley though.

Rent one for a day. You won't want to take it back.

KAR

Old 09-13-2005 | 09:30 AM
05FXD
|
Road Captain

That's what I'm afraid of ,renting one and not wanting to bring it back, lol. They defintely are a sharp looking bike the way everything seems to flow together. Guess I'm gonna have to give the road glide a serious look in a year or two for my next bike.

Old 09-13-2005 | 09:43 AM
kar
Advanced

That's how I ended up with mine. I took a rental unit for a test ride (no charge because I was a "serious shopper"), and the only reason I gave it back was because I knew within a couple of hours I would be riding my own brand new RG home! This bike handles the twisties great, (for a big bike of course) and is very stable at all speeds on the hwy.

Save your pennies. You won't be sorry you spent them on a RG.

Ken

Old 09-14-2005 | 08:07 PM
joker
Cruiser

that is an awesome paint job. really streamlines and brings the whole bike together very nicely.

Quick Reply: Any Road Glide owners here ??