Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Road Glide owners here ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005 | 08:22 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Any Road Glide owners here ??

Thank You,

I get lots of compliments on the bike. I've got it just about where I want it.

Terry

Old 09-14-2005 | 10:37 PM
joker
Cruiser

its fantastic. me, i'm staying black and going skull crazy. just need the horn cover and the key.
thinking about switching over to the rineharts, have heard great things about them and they have great sound.
any difficulty tuning for them? (i assume you're flrti).

Old 09-14-2005 | 11:26 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Joker,

To tune your rineharts correctly your best bet is a race tuner and a good dyno tech. With the race tuner you can tune each cylinder seperate which eliminates alot of popping and the dead spot (lean area) which I had at about 1700-2000 RPM's when just cruising through town in 3rd gear. My bike would lurch. The PCIII is my second choice. The hd download is worthless with rineharts.

Tell me about the 211's. I have the 203's and have been thinking about installing the 211's this winter. I've read that I will lose some of my low end torque with the 211's. Sometimes I think I have too much torque with the 203's. Let me know what you think. I wanna add some HP and light the fuse at about 3000-3500 RPMs. Also tell me about any difference you can tell with the SE Ignition Coil.

What did you mean by (i assume you're fltri)?

Terry

P.S. Ya gotta tell me...did you think of the skull emblems on the rear floorboards or did you see a picture of mine. Or maybe we just think alot alike.

Old 09-14-2005 | 11:32 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

I love my Road Glide. It's a 2005. Smoothest bike I have owned. I put on chubby's RG handle bars on it (along with lots of other stuff), Rineharts, PC III and Arlen Ness Big Sucker. It runs wonderfully. I then lowered it using 11 inch Progressive shocks. I think it's Harleys best kept secret bike. (My opinion only!

Chaplain Wayne

Old 09-15-2005 | 01:37 AM
dynamac
Road Captain

Chaplain Wayne, What benefits did you get from switching handlebars. I sat on the Road Glide and like it. I'll be renting one soonjust to check out the ride. Just from sitting on it I felt that the bars should be just a little higher and little more pulled back. Will order mine once my lowrider is sold, which is soon I hope.

Old 09-15-2005 | 01:50 AM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

Dynamac:

The stock bars had me leaning forward too much. Fine for around town, but on long rides, my back would hurt. I switched to chubby's Wild one for RG's and it is TONS better. It sits me back about four more inches. You have to switch out your cables though... about two more inches needed on each ... so I took the oportunity to get braided cables. Looks great now! I got my handlebars from Custom Chrome for about $194.

I have ISO grips and chromed levers and switch ousing. I use the stock seat for staying around town and have a ZEP seat for long rides. I have a detachable tour pack as well for the missus.

Old 09-15-2005 | 02:35 AM
joker
Cruiser

terry, this bike was setup that way when i got it, so i don't have a point of reference for ya on your questions.
i can say that there are no dead spots, the torque and hp (seat of the pants) are strong throughout.
before this bike i rode the gl1800 - this bike ain't that far behind the wing.
flrti - where the 'i' is fuel injected as opposed to mine being carb. i would assume my tuning would be easier than the efi with the downloads and all.
and the skulls, i guess we just think alike. i only have the horn cover, gas cover and key to get and i'm all skulled out.

Old 09-15-2005 | 02:38 AM
joker
Cruiser

i tried the wild1 RG bars, didn't care for them as they put my wrists at a bad angle. moved on over to the wild1 10" apes. almost the same bar position as the RG bars, but with better wrist angle. they look and feel excellent!!

Old 04-12-2006 | 10:17 PM
suicide441
Cruiser

I replaced my handle bars with HD part number 56569-86. I rerouted the cables and didn't have to change anything else and they work perfect.

Old 04-12-2006 | 10:25 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

ROADGLIDE !

it's the BEST harley out there !

weet

p.s. do a search, of the offical roadglide thread by terry.

Quick Reply: Any Road Glide owners here ??