Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed aux lights on 14 sg, should light on gauges be lit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,548 Likes on 3,240 Posts

I'm going to try my next best guess.

When installing the aux lights, did you use the dash mounted factory switch and existing wiring behind the lower ignition switch housing? Also did you use the factory pigtail for accessory lights?

If yes to both of those questions, maybe the dealer did not program the bcm as having that factory added option, thus not having a trigger to illuminate the green light.

Just a thought

Old 11-22-2014, 06:20 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I'm going to try my next best guess.

When installing the aux lights, did you use the dash mounted factory switch and existing wiring behind the lower ignition switch housing? Also did you use the factory pigtail for accessory lights?

If yes to both of those questions, maybe the dealer did not program the bcm as having that factory added option, thus not having a trigger to illuminate the green light.

Just a thought
yes to both, factory plug was already there plugged into one of the dummies on the dash, just removed and plugged in auxiliary switch. Lights plugged into factory harness on fork tubes. Still think my dealer is full of it saying it should not be lit, weather is supposed to be nice today so gonna try to stop by and show them exactly what i'm talking about. Kind of hard to explain over the phone

Old 11-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi1300
yes to both, factory plug was already there plugged into one of the dummies on the dash, just removed and plugged in auxiliary switch. Lights plugged into factory harness on fork tubes. Still think my dealer is full of it saying it should not be lit, weather is supposed to be nice today so gonna try to stop by and show them exactly what i'm talking about. Kind of hard to explain over the phone

Bring your owner's manual and show him page 46

Old 11-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,548 Likes on 3,240 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi1300
If they stick to that bogus story. Tell them to turn on the aux lights on one of their ultra glides on the sales floor and come up with a better story