Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

this is over 25 dollars

NO it's $112.01

Old 04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rocket Jockey

This has me scratching my head...

The seller is coming out of this thing smelling like a rose!! You're right nobody forces anyone to buy on e-bay and I guess sellers have no responsibility to tell the truth. What a crock of ****. I would have to think that if I am selling something and advertising as being a VIN restricted item and know that I am buying them straight from a dealer as an UNRESTRICTED part....gee, something doesn't seem quite on the up and up, but like I said, that would be me.

04RK got his parts and paid what he agreed to pay...not the issue. The issue is advertising something as VIN restricted when it is not. Had 04RK done his homework he might have saved some money...still not the issue. I learned about the parts being unrestricted here on the forum, where bikers help each other out. I helped several guys with P/N lists to do the job so they wouldn't buy parts they didn't need like I did....to help...to save them money....guess I should have been selling kits with all the VIN restricted parts that only I can buy from Zanotti's.

The first thread that 04RK posted everyone wanted him to out this e-bay seller/forum member so others wouldn't get the same deal. He does and now is getting bagged on. Why should it come to the board? IMHO, that is a stupid question, so others don't have the same experience.

Not that it means anything but I got your back on this one 04RK,
RJ

Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I'll put in my two cents.

First, I agree that ebay is a great thing, when used with caution. Do your homework, check around, and if you can get a deal on ebay , then great for ya.

Second, if you go around with your little pink thing stuck out looking to rape an unsuspecting buyer, then yup, sooner or later ya gonna get busted.

That being said, I would lay the blame 50/50. But wait, SHAME on the man that lied about the item being protected and inflating the price. I hope you can sleep with that. For the poor soul that overpaid......most good lessons will cost ya something, suck it up, and move on. I feel for ya though. If nothing else, this mans humilty in displaying his loss on an internet forum, has probably taught a bunch of folks a good lesson.

nogood o~`o

Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
nujohn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see poeple buying on e-bay all the time over paying for used HD parts , I will not buy unless in do my homework, I was bidding on a sundownerseat the most I would spend was 100.00 for a useds eat,that seat went for 245.00, I got one from Zanoti's for 170.00W/shipping So on that note : LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
eglidebob
Tourer

Not to hijack the thread, but what does "protected" and "VIN restricted" mean? Thanks.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:04 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eglidebob

Not to hijack the thread, but what does "protected" and "VIN restricted" mean? Thanks.
Some items on the motorcycle are only for that brand of motorcycle and HD wants to keep it that way, so they put a VIN restriction on that part, you have to have a VIN number to order the part, that way they think they are controlling what bikes will get the parts. Sometimes the restriction is also because there are not enough parts to go around, so they will restrict it in case someone that really needs it for their bike can get it, but once they have their suppliers stock them up they often will release the VIN restriction on the product.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

When I wanted the dash insert for a 2003 flhtci with the 100th anniversary logo on it I was told by multiple dealers it was unavailable to me since it was a restricted part. To order anything for an anniversary bike/ special edition that was factory installed you need to provide the VIN and the damaged part OR a police report. The dealer can't order the part from the MoCo without it.

How I got aroud the "restricted part" was to have a sympathetic dealer do a part locate and see what dealers had the part sitting on the shelf. A dealer that has it on the shelf might be willing to sell it to you since they don't have to go thru the hassle with the MoCo parts ordering system.

I found a dealer in Ct. that had the part on the shelf, sold it no questions asked, had it in 2 days.

The MoCo is trying to preven people like me from making clones. It didn't work! Does anyone really think a 03 is worth more because of the stripes and emblems? I would say not and the resale of a real 03 anniversary edition vs. a regular flhtci prices would prove me right.

P.S. I saw the part on EBAY which is what got me going on chasing a new part from the MoCo, but I didn't want to pay thru the nose for one on EBAY. It took a while, about a month, but I got it new.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:21 PM
s.henry
Intermediate

And they all lived happly ever after.[sm=biker.gif]

The end[sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
eglidebob
Tourer

That is interesting. I have never heard of that before. I guess my 05 Eglide doesn't have any restricted parts on it...Thanks for the answer.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone post a link to the Zanottis website so I can check it out. Also how about a link for the daler that gives 20% off... I think it is chicago hd? Thanks all.

And 04roadking, I told you to ask for a refund. Any good business person wants his buyers to be happy. I personally wouldn't take it, just the offer is enough to show his intent, in my book.

Quick Reply: scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware