Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware

I think Turbo hit it on the head. No one made him hit the BUY IT NOW button. Buyer should have shopped around and educated himself.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: turbo38sfi

Since the other thread is locked I will respond here.

It was me who advertised and sold this item. I placed the item up for bid, delivered what I said I would deliver as described and in a timely fashion.

Mark, you bought the item by clicking the Buy it Now, no one forced you! My reserve price was $150. Yes, $150. You decided to buy it and then get upset afterwards.

Calling me a crook, overextended credit and every other name is just not right and wrong. I won't resort to the level of name calling.

Also, after you emailed me stating it was no longer a protected item I revised my item description and removed that from the text so it no longer states that.

Banned from the forum? For what? I did not advertise my items here, did not make any posts to get more bids or anything. In fact, you were the one to bring it to the forum and I never once made any connection between my ebay ad or this forum. There's no reason for banning.

Retail price for these items is $175 plus shipping or 175 flat if you walked into your local dealer. You paid $200, by your own accord, no one forced you. Would you like a refund of the difference? I'll paypal you back the money right now, just let me know. To any others calling me a crook, stealer, deadbeat and what have you, I did nothing other than post an ad with a $150 reserve...far less than Mark paid, but that's my fault he got upset after buying an item??

As Paul Harvey would say and now the rest of the story. Thanks for clearing things up.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: turbo38sfi

Since the other thread is locked I will respond here.

It was me who advertised and sold this item. I placed the item up for bid, delivered what I said I would deliver as described and in a timely fashion.

Mark, you bought the item by clicking the Buy it Now, no one forced you! My reserve price was $150. Yes, $150. You decided to buy it and then get upset afterwards.

Calling me a crook, overextended credit and every other name is just not right and wrong. I won't resort to the level of name calling.

Also, after you emailed me stating it was no longer a protected item I revised my item description and removed that from the text so it no longer states that.

Banned from the forum? For what? I did not advertise my items here, did not make any posts to get more bids or anything. In fact, you were the one to bring it to the forum and I never once made any connection between my ebay ad or this forum. There's no reason for banning.

Retail price for these items is $175 plus shipping or 175 flat if you walked into your local dealer. You paid $200, by your own accord, no one forced you. Would you like a refund of the difference? I'll paypal you back the money right now, just let me know. To any others calling me a crook, stealer, deadbeat and what have you, I did nothing other than post an ad with a $150 reserve...far less than Mark paid, but that's my fault he got upset after buying an item??

First off you said that you revised the item after I told you it was nolonger a protected item, Right? Well lets see here [sm=confused06.gif]You are full of it!!!!!! I emaild you on March 29th 2007 and told you it was not a protected #. Then on April 6th 2007 you sold another one and the decription was not changed. What's up with that???? I callled your bluff.
Your also right no one forced me to do anything, I was taking your word as a seller that it was indeed a protected item. I let my gaurd down on you and you took full advantage of me on this one. About The bolts I wasn't saying in my email that you told me I was getting them. But you did say all I will needare thebolts and I can pick them up at any hardware store for $4.00. That I don't have a problem with. The problem is what about the brackets and everything else??? I paid $225.00 and I still need to purchase a few more items to complete the install.
Also in your email this morning you said nothing about giving me any kinda of refund on the difference. All you said was something about me leaving you+ feedback. Well Joe I tell you what I haven't left you any feed at this time.
Then about you being banned from this forum, what I said at the time was out of frustation, Dude I was all worked up, I should of never giving out your name to others. But when I read some of your posts and realized it was you I was really shocked. I've always enjoyed the forum their is alot of good people here that go out of their way to help each other out. I've always felt it's like a brother hood here everyone looks out for each other.
I would like to put all this behind us if we could? This what I have in mind. I don't want any $$back from you, I will take my losses. What I do want is for you to go to ebay and leave me +++Feedback. Then I will do the same for you. Then we willbe done with this.You have my word here on the Forum infront of eveyone. It's your Call................

Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I think the first post was right on the money,I always check the part#'s atzanotti's or another supplier, sure there are some good buys on
e-bay,but there are alot of HD parts used listed on there selling for more than new,why..... because not everyone checks prices and as long as they dont take the time to search out pricing on said parts,folks are going to pay to much and the sellers make a big profit on you because you didnt take the time to shop better.

just my 2 cents

Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 PM
lottinala
Tourer

well here is the last post and i dont see were it should have been brought to this board,

titleAndStar(9679,0,31,true,",")
Administrator

[align=center][/align]

Ultimate HDF Member

Well,
You did real good holding off on posting the name of the member who you think ripped you off until you finally let these guys get to you. Did you ever think that if a member was running a scam here on the forum that the correct step to take would be to contact Admin so that we could take care of it? Now this guy is going to get a ton of pm's from angry members who have nothing to do with your purchase. We still haven't determined that this is the same guy.

Terry
HDF Admin

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

Wow Ok guy's this is the deal. Am I upset about paying to much ? Yeah sure I am. But that's not what up sets me most of all, it's the being lied to and mislead. Some of you are right, I should of done more home work, hell if I would of waited one hour I'd of seen the post from Rocket Jockey and harleypingman about being able to buy from Zanotti. I was pretty much over it until I come across a post with this guy's name and relized it was the same person. I've been a member herefor about a year and a half. I've got alot of good info in that time from alot of good people, and made afew friends on the way. It just blew me away when I saw this guy's post, heck some of you have responded to his posts. The more I think about it I think you all need to know who I'm talking about. If I knew how to attach the ebay link with the ebay item # I'd do it. Here is the ebay # 140101203917 and one of you guy's here have already posted the sellers ebays item that he sold to someone else. Some of youhere feel I should post his name and I feel I should to, hell I might as well now, so here you goit's turbo38sfi. I've received some PM's from some of you guy's wanting to know who he is, well their you go.
[/blockquote]and as far as him even thinking that he should be banned from this web site i dont see were he did anything wrong on this board to make him buy the item from him. if kicking people off that sold something for more than its worth half the people on this site wouldnt bekicked offbecause we've all sold something in our life that we might have got more out of it than we should have. i hate that you got stiffed but do your homework next time.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

I was trying to avoid bringing the drama of that locked thread to this one... guess it didn't work.

SFI has offered to make the buyer happy, even though he doesn't have to. That's a stand up thing to do and typical of the QUALITY of the people who frequent this forum.

Let's leave it to the 2 people involved to work this out privately.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

This has me scratching my head...

The seller is coming out of this thing smelling like a rose!! You're right nobody forces anyone to buy on e-bay and I guess sellers have no responsibility to tell the truth. What a crock of ****. I would have to think that if I am selling something and advertising as being a VIN restricted item and know that I am buying them straight from a dealer as an UNRESTRICTED part....gee, something doesn't seem quite on the up and up, but like I said, that would be me.

04RK got his parts and paid what he agreed to pay...not the issue. The issue is advertising something as VIN restricted when it is not. Had 04RK done his homework he might have saved some money...still not the issue. I learned about the parts being unrestricted here on the forum, where bikers help each other out. I helped several guys with P/N lists to do the job so they wouldn't buy parts they didn't need like I did....to help...to save them money....guess I should have been selling kits with all the VIN restricted parts that only I can buy from Zanotti's.

The first thread that 04RK posted everyone wanted him to out this e-bay seller/forum member so others wouldn't get the same deal. He does and now is getting bagged on. Why should it come to the board? IMHO, that is a stupid question, so others don't have the same experience.

Not that it means anything but I got your back on this one 04RK,
RJ

Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Branded
Road Master

[sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]

[sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]

[sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]

[sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]

[sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif][sm=lockeddance.gif]

Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

this is over 25 dollars

Old 04-14-2007, 06:06 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

all I want to know,,, is MAN<< "it sounds like I GOTTA have one of these",,, where can I get 1,??,,,
I'll send ya $300

Quick Reply: scammed thread locked/EBAY thought/buyer beware