Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Electrotech
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Lights

So whats the consensus on the tiny little brake lights on the back of the street glides?

I'm definitely going to get the tri-bar brake light upgrade as my first part. I've been looking into getting LED upgrades for the brake/turns in the back. Not really a fan of the whole load equalizer thing but if I have to I will for the LEDs.

I thought about the LEDs in the front also but I'm not sure if they will fit in my turn signals. I bought the bike used and it has the Kuryakyn driving lights up front and I believe they replace the stock turn signals.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:26 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,643 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Shop LED lights with care, for they are not inherently better. Many are highly directional, and all but invisible when viewed off-center.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM
rhj
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced mine with leds and added a brake light pulsing unit. It is much brighter and easily seen. Would be quite a job to go to the tri bar. There have been several posts about the process. Check utube.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I replaced all my lights with LED, no issue!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I change my stock lites to LEDs also I installed some led flush mount lites in my bag . Lights up real nice for the idiots behind me.

Attached Thumbnails Brake Lights-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Electrotech
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rhj
I replaced mine with leds and added a brake light pulsing unit. It is much brighter and easily seen. Would be quite a job to go to the tri bar. There have been several posts about the process. Check utube.
I thought changing out the tri-bar to a dual filament one was just plug and play.

This is what I was talking about.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-light-upgrade

Old 11-18-2014, 06:38 PM
NVERL8
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Buddy's complained they could never tell when my turn signal was on. Changed to custom dynamics led's in the rear and now there is no question when I am turning. If u just replace the rear no need for a load equalizer

Old 11-18-2014, 06:40 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

custom dynamic led's and plasma rods

Attached Thumbnails Brake Lights-plasmajpeg.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Electrotech
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NVERL8
Buddy's complained they could never tell when my turn signal was on. Changed to custom dynamics led's in the rear and now there is no question when I am turning. If u just replace the rear no need for a load equalizer

Really, no load equalizer makes it a much more realistic option. I don't like the idea of something under my seat or somewhere else that gets hot to the point of possibly catching fire. So you have the custom dynamics LED dual intensity 1157 inserts right? They are not too bad at $70.

A few of the reviews on the sight for them said they needed the load equalizer. At another $65 and running wires to the battery for their stabilizer would suck. I've had my share of electrical mods in the past, just seems like they always come back to bite me in the end years later when something fails.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:11 PM
gonenomad
Advanced

Originally Posted by NVERL8

I had the exact same experience.

Quick Reply: Brake Lights