Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which seat would you go with? Sleek vs Practical?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Which seat would you go with? Sleek vs Practical?

Also, I bought the wife the tall backrest. Figured that would give her better back support and if I was to ever put one of those pillow seats on there, it would still work. The wife has no complaints about the backrest, but on any distance she hates the stock rk custom seat. I will probally add the mustang solo seat and buy the wide pass pillon for her. That way I can havethe seat I want, and enough cushion for her butt... So she is not a pain in mine.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 AM
RanD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first......Make damn sure that you keepMama happy. That will pay benefits down the road (so-to-speak). Then, find yourself a kewl looking seat for when you're riding solo. Yup....you need two seats, my friend.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

If your wife is really interested in riding with you, I would accomodate her first! If she wants a sofa to be comfortable, get her one. My wife doesn't mind the modding I have done and plan to do, but she has already stated that a comfortable seat is imperative for her to continue to participate in this hobby of ours. She hashung there for 500miles and more numerous times because she was comfortable.

I like the looks of the stock SG seat, but the one Rob(OTB) posted is the mackdaddy for wheneverI would bejust one-up.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Biker_RN48
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally coming from someone with a back that always aches since my 1988 wreck, and an a** that hurts when I sit too long............ I would go for the comfort.

I thought about changing mine also, because I have seen many say the stock seat is horrible? Yet my bike hasn't arrived yet? (3hrs and 5 minutes and counting)

However, I have bought so much stuff for it already, I figured I will ride out the stock a couple months and see how she feels first. Besides, I am finishing the basement myself, the garage has the cars and (will be) next bike in it, so the living room is full of goodies for the RK. The wife really wants that stuff out of there, before I get anything else........lol

Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both my wife and I love our C&C. I had my Tourpac back pad recovered to match. Don't have a pic of it.