Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOT SCAMMED BY one of our OWN

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOT SCAMMED BY one of our OWN

I feel for you because I've been there before caught up in the 'heat of the moment' on eBay while bidding.

If there is one thing that I've learned from my college business classes and that is ..."Caveat Emptor". Buyer beware.

Sometimes we have to chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Tex, you're right. In ebay terminology its called misrepresentation of an item and is ground for ebay to step in and take action against the seller. Ebay does not like that at all.

As to naming this guy, if I read these posts right 04, they guy is a mod here? Even if he's not, give it lots of thought. I had a similar thing happen on another sight, only ebay wasn't involved. After the deal I went on their swap meet area and warned others of not letting a similar thing happen to them while admitting it was partially my fault as well, and I received so many responses from total a$$holes lecturing me, calling me all sorts of $hit that in the end it wasn't worth the grief. So I figured, 'let them find out the hard way, like I did'. Personally I think a con artist like this should be exposed for what he is, but realize this-this site is made up of all sorts and you never know how the response will be.

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

If the guy advertised it as a restricted part number when, in fact, it is not - then he DID defraud his buyer - period. It's one thing to list something for a high price, but if I advertise something to be a limited edition when it's not, then I've lied and SHOULD be hammered.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

So, based on your logic, if someone puts a picture of something to sell, a light lets say, puts a price on it and you see the pic, figure the price is ok, pay for it, its ok if he sends you a rock instead? Unbelievable

ORIGINAL: rhinoevans

I guess I do not get this. A guy offers something for sale, you accept the price and now complain because YOU paid to much. Get real. You didn't do your home work, thought it was a good offer and went for it. Clicked the Buy it now and wished you had not. Been their, done that. I paid the price because my word is more important than a few dollars paid on an overpriced item. The part about the restricted part #, in my mind is beside the point. Still lack of checking on your part. Something about let the buyer beware. I'd stay of Ebay if I were you.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Well,
You did real good holding off on posting the name of the member who you think ripped you off until you finally let these guys get to you. Did you ever think that if a member was running a scam here on the forum that the correct step to take would be to contact Admin so that we could take care of it? Now this guy is going to get a ton of pm's from angry members who have nothing to do with your purchase. We still haven't determined that this is the same guy.

Terry
HDF Admin
ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

Wow Ok guy's this is the deal. Am I upset about paying to much ? Yeah sure I am. But that's not what up sets me most of all, it's the being lied to and mislead. Some of you are right, I should of done more home work, hell if I would of waited one hour I'd of seen the post from Rocket Jockey and harleypingman about being able to buy from Zanotti. I was pretty much over it until I come across a post with this guy's name and relized it was the same person. I've been a member herefor about a year and a half. I've got alot of good info in that time from alot of good people, and made afew friends on the way. It just blew me away when I saw this guy's post, heck some of you have responded to his posts. The more I think about it I think you all need to know who I'm talking about. If I knew how to attach the ebay link with the ebay item # I'd do it. Here is the ebay # 140101203917 and one of you guy's here have already posted the sellers ebays item that he sold to someone else. Some of youhere feel I should post his name and I feel I should to, hell I might as well now, so here you goit's turbo38sfi. I've received some PM's from some of you guy's wanting to know who he is, well their you go.