Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOT SCAMMED BY one of our OWN

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: GOT SCAMMED BY one of our OWN

It hurts when its close to home . A lot of people do that on ebay. Id personally rather buy somethin a little marked up from a trusted store front online cause of stuff like that.
A lot of stuff on ebay is from someone going to a store and snapping some pictures and then when you order it they order it andseller doesntever actually see product. Now a lot of them justify this cause they say somepeople dont have the time or other bs...

Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 AM
jdag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might get slammed on this...but...I really don't see the issue.

A good was advertised for a price. The price was deemed fair. The part was purchased. The part was delivered as advertised.

Had you not been aware of "a better deal" would you have ever been concerned or upset?

Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Having been boned on ebay before I feel your pain, and I do very little shopping on there these days. I'd say post his name so the rest of the buying public will be aware of his marketing practices. He has no problem charging you 100% markup on a product, you should have no problem telling us his name.
If he doesn't have anything to hide or a guilty conscience he shouldn't be bothered by you revealing both his ebay and forum names...

Old 04-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

No offense guy, but where have you been? That rear fender piece has been availble from the dealer for about 1 year now without you havin to prove you own a Streetglide. If you're gonna play on E-bay you better be real up to date on the latest buzz or youre gonna get burned everytime. And by the way, it is not named a "Fascia", it's a "Ground-Effects" kit, and the mis-naming of it should of been your first clue as to the scam..sorry, but that's the way it is..
I'm with J, and did you mention "stealer" in your post. That's dealer, the bozo who scammed you is the stealer.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

04RoadKing, there were a couple of these ebay sellers advertising these items as "restricted." I sent them emails that the part was no longer restricted and they should revise the item description to avoid exactly what happened in your case. PM the item number and I will check to see if I sent this seller an email through the Ebay mail system BEFORE you purchased your part. If so, you have a very legitimate claim because he knew his reference to the part was wrong and by leaving it that way mislead you.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:16 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to agree on posting the name. Aside from the fact you are kinda doing all of us a disservice if one of use inadvertantly does buisness with this guy, it sorta defeats the purpose of this forum. Whatever happens to this guy... its what HE's paid for. Can't imagine you'd get bumped off the forum as long as what you say is truthful and with respect. To fight injustice somewhere is to fight injustice everywhere.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because you paid too much does not give you the right to give the seller "Negative" feedback. You could however put the HD part #s and their retail price in your comments of that feedback. The next guy who looks at your feedback will not purchase the parts from him. Hurt him in the pocket.

You really don't have a leg to stand on. He posted the parts and a price that you willingly paid. You then received the goods and in good condition. Next time you will do a little more research before buying anything off Ebay. Lesson learned.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:20 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the guy advertised it as a restricted part number when, in fact, it is not - then he DID defraud his buyer - period. It's one thing to list something for a high price, but if I advertise something to be a limited edition when it's not, then I've lied and SHOULD be hammered.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:30 AM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The guy lied. You should ask him to make it right or you will complain to ebay that he's misrepresenting his products. Save all your emails showing you are trying to abide by ebays procedures. OR, just turn him in and see what happens. He can be removed from ebay. These are the people ebay doesn't want because it drive away buyers. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

FWIW, here is an ebay auction for this facia in which the seller says it is and, "according to Harley always will be a restricted part";the seller's ebay name is the same as a member's user namehere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...QQcmdZViewItem

This isn't 04RK's auction, but it's one of us listing the item on ebay with wrong info on the part's status as a restricted part.

Question: Did the member read those threads that were posted here that said on a number of occasions that the part is no longer restricted. If so, he did, at a minimum, mislead bidders.

I have no problem witha seller making a good margin on whatever he sells on ebay; I have, however, a big problem with seller's misrepresenting the listed item as the seller did in this instance.

I would be tempted to return the item and claim a credit as the item was "not as described" in the listing.

Quick Reply: GOT SCAMMED BY one of our OWN